Installing Hive to Glow Worm 28c

Glad to see its working! The switch wouldnt have had power to send to RT without the link. Some boilers have the connections for a common built in, some dont.

Sponsored Links
Guys I know you's posted this a while ago, but I also want to say thanks.

I installed my Hive system today using mostly this thread.

Connected my Hive controller N (blue wire) L(brown wire) Earth(yellow green) Directly to my power supply switch which also supplies the boiler which is run by a 3Amp Fuse.

I bridged L from the Hive controller to to the Common on the Hive Controller so just looped a little wire from L to Common.

I then connected 3 (Heating on) directly to my RT connector in the boiler, I used a wire with L N and E cable but just cut the L and E from both ends of the cable and used only the 1 blue cable into the boiler and back to Hive.

I also disconnected the RT 24V loop/bridge(Important i think) Instruction Manual said make sure to Un-bridge that if using a 230v controller(hive)

Worked a treat first time and reading this give me massive confidence in doing it myself, so thank you all.

I'm not a gas engineer or an electrician but I do most of this stuff myself, was building computer towers when I was a teenager so had some experience with electrics. And when my friend put the boiler in I did have a good nose at what he was doing.

I'd say if your going to try this make absolutely sure you've got it right before switch everything back on. and always remember to switch the power off at the main Fuse box etc first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back