Glow Worm Flexicom combi - how reliable are they?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting my Ferrolli combi replaced as well raditors in my flat. How do people rate this boiler in terms of reliability.

I would have got Valiant or Worcester but they're too expensive and not sure if they're worth that extra.

What are known faults that I should be aware of? :?:

Sponsored Links
agree with lightning
the boiler itself is fair but installed without a proper flush it will be problematic as will any boiler with a similar design heat exchanger.
definately get a magnaclean / TF1 fitted to the return to catch any crap from the system

agree with lightning
the boiler itself is fair but installed without a proper flush it will be problematic as will any boiler with a similar design heat exchanger.
definately get a magnaclean / TF1 fitted to the return to catch any crap from the system

Thanks for the reply.

I was told by a friend in the trade as this model being amongst the best for reliability,

so surprised by your 'fair' comment for the boiler. Yes, will ask them to clean the system with those stuff, I am also replacing the raditors.

Sponsored Links
Prone to leak at the rubber hose connection section, ignition electodes fall apart. Other than that not too bad, only as said they won't plough on through with dirty water but will fall to fault condition. Ultracom2 is a scorcher of a boiler though and has been my choice in all my renovations with only the wireless stat software glitch giving it a slight hiccup.

flexicom used to be a dog, but since had all the problems modified/ironed out. As good as most other boilers in the range, but as ollski has said, the Ultracom2 is a better boiler for a few extra quid. Also get the climapro2 and an outside sensor, all wireless so minimal fitting cost.

Prone to leak at the rubber hose connection section, ignition electodes fall apart. Other than that not too bad, only as said they won't plough on through with dirty water but will fall to fault condition. Ultracom2 is a scorcher of a boiler though and has been my choice in all my renovations with only the wireless stat software glitch giving it a slight hiccup.

since this is a newer post post i must advise the "rubber conection" is no longer there,
as micky point's out the ultracom 2 is a "slightly" better boiler, But ask micky what he has in his house and iirc he has a flexicom. says it all really pretty good unit!

so surprised by your 'fair' comment for the boiler. Yes, will ask them to clean the system with those stuff, I am also replacing the raditors.

the reason i give it fair is simply there are better boilers out there (although cost more) as said the ultracom is better as are Vaillant, Worcester etc. that doesn't mean its not good.
now if you want real shiite then you need to fit Ferroli, Ideal or a Biasi!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back