Glow Worm Fuel Saver F (Wall mounted) - No pilot or HW

UNDERNEATH the boiler, about 3 inches from the left, couple of inches from the front, NO cap covering it, terracotta colour with a little cross on the end. Hole it's in is as big as a walnut.

Sponsored Links
OK found the o/h switch and the pilot came on full steam ahead!

However, after a few seconds some banging sounds can be heard all round the system and some shunting sounds within the boiler the pilot shuts off again.

It keeps restarting intermittently. After a while the pilot then relights the and the same process ensues (i.e. ignition, banging, shut-down).....any ideas?? :confused:

Hi. I've managed to spin the internal screw and we have some HW! However, the banging within the system persists. What do you suggest? A new pump or flushing the existing one??

I'll get someone in to service the boiler tomorrow hopefully.

Sponsored Links
suggest replace the pump, dont bother cleaing it out.

also just turn system off for now, any banging, overheating is not good for boiler even if you do get a little h/w

Thanks Rob. Point heeded! Thanks also to Fitz, Agile, ChrisR and anyone I may have inadvertantly missed. I'm pleased to see that there are some good guys out there :D

One final question. The pump in question is a Euramo Gold (Class F - I think) which I guess is about 20y old. We are in a two bed terrace. I've looked at some in B&Q for an idea of price (iro £40-£70). Is this what I could expect to pay for a new one fitted by a Corgi engineer? How many hours labour might be involved?

Best wishes,
Dan.

Have you checked that you have water in the feed & expansion tank?

Hi, checked there and everything was fine.

Managed to get someone in to replace the pump and everything is now working :D

No call out charge either - like another company was going to charge me!

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Best wishes,

Dan.

I am glad that its working OK for you now and that we managed to identify the problem for you.

As a matter of interest what make of pump was installed and what was the total you paid?

Tony

I'm glad I spent the time on this forum yesterday as I was a lot more informed when the guy came to replace it. He charged £90 (total cost) which I was content enough to pay considering that another firm was going to charge a £58 call-out charge and only stocked Grundfos pumps.

The replacement pump, a Wilo (Gold?) was c£40. Could have gone with the Grundfos but there were none in stock.

Best wishes,

Dan.

good price! please its all working for you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back