Glow Worm Fuel Saver F100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's roughly 15 years old, and recently started to bang loudly - presumably scale build up in heat exchanger as everything else is working AOK.

After checking everthing was AOK, an engineer said that he had "tweaked the boiler" by turning the gas pressure down to stop the boiler from banging and would only mean that it would take a little longer to warm up the rads etc?

Unfortunately, the radiators are not getting anywhere near as hot as they did a couple of days ago - only warm to the touch on full thermostat setting etc. Everything else AOK.

The engineer also said that I would be better off buying a new boiler from Brit' Gas. - Just can't afford that at present as made redundant 3 weeks ago and we have 4 children.

Can anybody please help me and explain to me where I can find the gas pressure adjuster on this boiler, so that I can tweak it up a bit.

Also, as I am unable to buy a new boiler, what would be the very best de-scaler type product for boilers, that I could buy and use easily.

Sincerest thanks in anticipation of your help........Pete

Sponsored Links
Adding Fernox boiler silencer can help a lot. About £25-£30.
Adjusting the gas pressure requires the right tools and information and is to be done by a 'competent person', so you'd better call the service engineer back.
if you do get a new boiler get several quotes as BG usually top money.

ricarbo said:
Adding Fernox boiler silencer can help a lot. About £25-£30.
Adjusting the gas pressure requires the right tools and information and is to be done by a 'competent person', so you'd better call the service engineer back.
if you do get a new boiler get several quotes as BG usually top money.

Becareful with this product.....on low water content bolers it can make the kettling worse.

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
The engineer also said that I would be better off buying a new boiler from Brit' Gas.
Was he a BG engineer by any chance?

I dont see anything wrong with that....the boilers 15 years old, its not cast iron heat ex.......a new boiler is the lines id be going down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back