Glow Worm Fuelsaver 60 mkII too old?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first post.

Moved home last month. Had boiler serviced (Glow worm Fuelsaver MkII installed in 1986).

No major problems found (property had been empty for two years).
Advised to change boiler as it was not a condensing type and to get a combi boiler. Verbal quote of £2k to change with no breakdown of costs.

I am not prepared to commission work on such a vague quote. Am I at risk of being ripped off?

Anyone able to give me advice on the boiler I have? How long should it last? Are spares available etc?

Also, anyone know who manufactured bathroom suite under label Livin' Luxury?

Thanks for any advice or info.

Tbolt :confused:

Sponsored Links
no idea about the bathroom suite but, if your boiler is working safely and i presume it is coz you had someone to check it, then you dont have to change it yet.
Parts are still available from various spares merchants across UK.
One point to consider with regards to the boiler is that you may be doing work to the new house as we all like to do and changing it now could be a simpler job than leaving it till it goes altogether when youve just had your new kitchen fitted!
Your boiler may not be in the kitchen but you get where im coming from.
2k seems a reasonable price for a combi upgrade. It should include a decent quality boiler and TRVs and a boiler interlock in that price. He may have included for a power flush too but i would check that. Extremely important part of having a new boiler fitted is to have it fitted to a clean system, some manufacturers wont honour warranties if hasnt been done.

£2k to convert to a combi from a traditional cylinder based system is a very reasonable price but it may not be the best option.

You need professional advice ( that comes from a professional! )

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
£2k to convert to a combi from a traditional cylinder based system is a very reasonable price but it may not be the best option.

You need professional advice ( that comes from a professional! )

Tony
is that all you have to say? tut tut!

Yet another one line posting without contributing anything from someone who clearly has nothing to contribute and apparently has no skills or abilities!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back