Glow Worm Micron 40FF flue question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I need to raise the height of my flue on the out side of the house to enable a garage to be built.
At the moment it goes at a right angle from the boiler straight throught the wall, so ..

Is there a flume management kit for this model where by i could raise the height on the outside ?
Or
is it possible to come off vertically and then right angle out of the wall about 400mm furtther up.

P.s is this a DIY job ;)

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Hi All

I need to raise the height of my flue on the out side of the house to enable a garage to be built.
At the moment it goes at a right angle from the boiler straight throught the wall, so ..

Is there a flume management kit for this model where by i could raise the height on the outside ?

no there isn't

Or
is it possible to come off vertically and then right angle out of the wall about 400mm furtther up.

yes if the flue is still available

P.s is this a DIY job ;)

No it isn't you will need a RGI

Thanks

Phil

It is called a plume management kit and need a gas safe reg person to do it, you can buy it ready for him but it is worth bearing in mind if the flue outlet is lower than I think it is 1.6meters above the ground it needs a terminal guard where it exits the wall even if it has a plume management kit.

It is called a plume management kit and need a gas safe reg person to do it, you can buy it ready for him but it is worth bearing in mind if the flue outlet is lower than I think it is 1.6meters above the ground it needs a terminal guard where it exits the wall even if it has a plume management kit.

Thanks Pete the existing height is 2.1 metres which puts it right ont hroof line of the proposed building, I know that it needs to be at least 300 mm above the roof line to be safe, do yu know the part number i would need ?

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
The plume kit doesn't move the flue inlet, only the flue outlet so it would still be on the roof line would it.

A Micron is a standard efficiency (non condensing) boiler so no plume management kit will be available for it. The 300 mm figure is measure from the bottom of the flue so raising the exhaust part would not solve the problem anyway.
This boiler has been out of production for some time so it is unlikely the flue will be available for it.
Looks like its new boiler time.

A Micron is a standard efficiency (non condensing) boiler so no plume management kit will be available for it. The 300 mm figure is measure from the bottom of the flue so raising the exhaust part would not solve the problem anyway.
This boiler has been out of production for some time so it is unlikely the flue will be available for it.
Looks like its new boiler time.
Yes I didn't check that info on the boiler I got misled by flume kit mention whoops. It might be very tricky getting another flue to move boiler up at least 300mm probably 450mm if there is room inside to go up that much, if you can re use flue. lots of ifs.

Plume management kit for a Micron..no chance.

If you're really lucky you might find flue parts still available to extend etc.

Plume management kit for a Micron..no chance.

If you're really lucky you might find flue parts still available to extend etc.

Ok thanks, so the way I see it I need to have a vertical flue kit for then a 90 degree elbow then exit the wall via the original wall outlet, correct ?

Ok thanks, so the way I see it I need to have a vertical flue kit for then a 90 degree elbow then exit the wall via the original wall outlet, correct ?

how are you going up then going to exit the wall in the orginal wall outlet ?

i do love it when plumbers (non RGI's) post about a gas question without knowing about the boiler & wether parts are or ever were available :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back