Glow Worm Micron 40FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Please oh please can someone help me,im not a heating engineer but work in the electronics service industry.

i have a glow worm micron 40ff boiler installed about 2001 i think

i have just replaced the pbc with glow worms updated board as the old one had scorching around the resistors

i replaced the board because the boiler would burn for about 45mins but will not run again for several hours. after seeing the dry joints and scorching assumed it to be the pcb at fault.

after installing the new board (green LED's) it runs, gets the rads hot and then wont relight again)same problem) although i can hear it trying to light which is more than it did before. resetting it has no effect.

im not sure if its linked but my rads get hot when just the hot water is on so assume the 3 way valve is also faulty but is this linked to my boiler prob?.

any light shed on my dilema would be appreciated greatly as i am poor and cannot afford an angineer at the moment.

thanks guys

Rob

Sponsored Links
3 way valve is also faulty but is this linked to my boiler prob?.
Fraid not. Take the actuator off it, if poss, and see if the shaft is free to turn. Honeywells only turn 40 degrees or so.

Fitz meant , is the boiler sparking?

yes the boiler is sparking Chris and sounds like the fan runs but the burn LED does not light,it retries a couple of times then gives up.

is it easy to remove the actuator on the valve?

it is a Drayton mid position.

Sponsored Links
check your wires to your gas valve. sounds like pilot solonoid could be playing up.

ive just noticed that after 3 attempts at relighting the reset light goes steady and the burner light flashes quickly.

fitz im not sure what the gas valve looks like im not confident enough to take any more bits out of it at the moment however

the boiler will always light when it has not been on for a few hours ie first thing in the morning guarunteed; do you still thing there is a pilot solonoid prob?

ok Fitz you were right pilot solonoid,all sorted now YAY

you guys are fantastic

can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a pro to replace my 3 way valve or can someone recommend a firm etc

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back