Glow Worm Micron 50FF boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No heating or hot water?
no lights on front of boiler?
no response at boiler from programmer?
after approx hour i turned on at the mains and turned the control knob to off and then back on again, the REset light came on and the boiler lit for approx 5mins then shutdown and again no lights, tried to rest again but nothing happens?
Am now waiting to see if it will restart after it cools down?
any suggestionsm on probable fault.
thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking its an overtemperature issue and have listed the pump as the first thing to check.
i posted in case there was a known fault with these boilers and other peoples experience would save me time whilst i work my way through the basic checks.
thanks for the reply

The pump is fine and at times the boiler can be reset by turning the knob off the on ans it will run for a few minutes before shutting down?
once its cut out cannot get it to do anything?

Sponsored Links
is the heat exchanger purged of air there is a screw at the front unscrew slowly to see if water comes out, if yes it could be the overheat stat.

Sounds a bit like the thermisor fault, which quite often takes the pcb out aswell. As a starter ou need to check where ou are getting voltage on the connecor block on the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back