Glow Worm Obsolete Boiler Valve Part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone please help me find an obsolete part for a Glow Worm boiler?

The part no is 2000801127 - gas valve

The current gas valve part is now 2000801129 which won't work on my bolier

Many thanks

Regards

Sponsored Links
Try posting a pic of the valve that you need and someone might recognise it as being the same valve used on another boiler , sometimes is worth it

If your not gsr then I hope to hell I don`t live next door to you !

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not sure I want to be gsr now whatever that is

Posting pics

Sponsored Links
GSR is Gas Safe Registered Engineer, as you are not then you cant change this valve even if you find one , sorry I dont recognise it anyway

Oh I see lol

Oh I definitely won't be doing it myself! I just need the part so the registered person can do it rather than having to find £2k for a new boiler

Apparently the boiler may be from 1993?

Just out of interest who advised you that you require a gas valve there could be a few other things on that rather than the gas valve

a word of warning ,if there is anything wrong with the gas valve you will lose the money and still pay for your engineers time and call out ,and also some engineers don't like fitting customer supplied parts . after all you don't know where the EBAY stuff has come from ( not saying its all cr*p ) , but i would get a second opinion
if i was you regarding your fault . sorry not much help

Can you tell us what you think is wrong with your existing gas valve?

It seems like a possible trick to get you to pay for a new boiler!

What kind of heat only boiler has to cost £2k ?

I fit most for more like £1600.

Tony

As what agile said,it could be a sales trick for you to buy a new boiler.

original Part is oboslete but a kit is available which includes the valve,pipe,lead,seals and other bits.

ebay uk often has them search, "glowworm ultimate gas valve kit tandem"

Had one of those boilers and it was very reliable till man in blue van touched it.

Make sure the valve will cure your fault,these boilers are easy for a registered gas person to repair.

Good luck.

• The pilot Injector blocking or electrode lead Shorting out are a problem with the ultimate boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back