Glow Worm Swift Flow 120, should be a quick one!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Quick question - the flat I rent has the above boiler in it. The shower is scalding hot - I measured the temp of the water coming out of the hot tapand it was 67 deg C.

I looked for the manual for the boiler and it says that the hot water temp can be adjusted by adjusting the flow at the hot water draw off tap.

So... my first questions are - which one is the hot water draw off tap, and which way do I adjust it? Presumably higher flow means water temp drops as it's getting heated for less time?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
The draw off is the tap you open, say the sink or the bath tap. If you are the tenant, report the fault. You could be liable for any damage if you try to adjust this boiler yourself. If you own the flat, it's a simple adjustment of the flow rate at the boiler. Much easier to get it serviced and all adjustments will be carried out for you.

Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply! I'm the tenant, I've asked the landlord to look at it on multiple occasions, and to be honest he's been tinkering with it himself because - as is apparently the norm for landlords, he's a miser. Only the other day it completely packed up and he had a bloke down the road "repair" the main PCB after spending a few hours farting about with it himself.

I was guessing the flow rate would be controlled by the pipe labelled "hot water out", and it would be a case of adjusting the flatheaded screw bit on the pipe linkage, but as you say it might be best to call Fagin out again, and see if this time he'll actually pay someone who is qualified to take a look at it....

How was the hot water before the replacement pcb? If it was ok then it might be a case of the new pcb not being set up properly.

Sponsored Links
Gaz how I read it is that an un-qualified REPAIRED the pcb!!!

If you are a tenant do you have a current Gas Safety Certificate??
your Landlord is legally obliged to have this done at least annually by a qualified Gas Engineer - it is ideal if the appliances are serviced at the same time!
If you have concerns go to the Gassafe register website for guidance ;)

Even new pcbs have been set up wrongly. These pcbs have a temperature adjustment for the DHW on them. The water should not climb much above 60 (if the flowrate is not too much).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back