Glow Worm Ultimate 30c boiler not reaching temperature

hope there is someone out there who knows how this issue is resolved or what could be causing it.

We have a Glow Worm Ultimate 30c central heating boiler installed 4 years ago - this problem has been on-going since installation with various 'solutions' suggested - none of which have worked. The system has been flushed, there is a Magna thing for debris, new pipework has been installed (as it was suggested flow was the issue), new radiators. The original installer referred it to Glow worm as he had no more solutions to suggest.

Basically the boiler will not stay at the temperature it is set at for heating (75deg currently) - it will go up to it temporarily (ie about 3 seconds ) then drops back down to 50deg - it varies between 36deg and 50deg whilst trying to heat consequently the house very rarely gets up to temperature..

Could it be an internal wiring issue to the internal boiler stat - what other mechanisms are there internal to the boiler that could be causing the issue? The only other thing that hasn't been changed is the room stat - could a fault on this be causing it?

Before this boiler was installed the other boiler worked fine on central heating and was only changed because of an issue with the hot water. Any help much appreciated before the next engineer visit on Monday.

I have this problem. I have an external temperature sensor and wonder if this is controlling or limiting flow temperature. My key radiator is too small. I used to have a Myson blown 7kW radiator but replaced it with a smallish radiator and a gas fire, but my partner can't tolerate direct heat so now have to rely on rad and as such it needs to run at a high temperature to deliver the heat to the room. Radiators never stay above warm - can leave your hand on them.

How can I get a code to adjust flow temp or disable the external (outdoor) temperature sensor - if that is the problem.

I have a Climparo 2 portable thermostat and remote controls.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back