glow worm ultimate 50ff faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have a glow worm ultimate 50ff which was working fine, i had a problem with a drayton za5 zone valve, so i switched everything off for about a week while my zone valve was being delivered anyway fitted new zone valve,switc h boiler back on and nothing happened, switched off and on again to see if pilot would light still nothing, the pcb clicks when switched on but nothing else 1 neon light lights up for 1 second then goes out no other lights come on, am i right in thinking pcb is faulty ?

any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Your right of thinking isn't right yet ;)

For starters there's more than one LEDS, try pressing that little red button next to knob on the front of boiler then try starting , :)

AGAS thanks for reply pushed button nothing happened, i can see theres more than one led but only one lights up for a second

Is your knob on the front turned to max and room stat to max and programmer on demand ?
Is the pump running in airing cupboard?
Is the knob on the front clicking when turning on and off ?
Other than that you will need a multimeter and know how to use it even before thinking about getting a PCB ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OP, thanks for letting us know it was working fine previously, we rather gathered that:D
It's a bit like getting a puncture and saying "it was ok until I ran over a nail"

have you got power on the permanent live and switched live?

oilskin the part he needs could be the fraction of the cost of the pcb . maybe he hasn't got a multimeter or know how to use it because he hasn't replied yet .

maybe he waiting for his jolly eBay PCB :rolleyes:

Well I'd definitely be checking all those neutral connections where he wired the new zone valve in the junction box for sure, but checking 2 lives at the pcb is def going to give him a clue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back