Glow-worm Ultimate Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i am wanting to extend my external flue on my Glow-worm ultimate boiler by 2 feet to the left to make way for a house extension to be built. I cannot find the manual, could anyone advise if this is possible to do with this boiler as i do not want to have to re-site the boiler if possible.

Thanks to any replies in advance.

Stu.

Sponsored Links
The Ultimate is very much like the Micron & i think they didn't come with a std flue much longer than 500mm & i dont think u can add bends to there flue system. U'll need to check with glowworm.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help guys.

The boiler is a wall mounted fan flue i believe, i have contacted Glow worm but all they want to do is give me a £1.50 per minute help line which i rang, and they were not quite sure because it is 10 years old, and they said they would get back to me which they haven't done. So i spent another 5 minutes on the phone yesterday(yet another £7.50) and they say they are looking into it still, and that was over a week ago, so i am just getting an expensive run around from them.

corgiman said:
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/manuals/pdf/Boilers/Ultimate100FF&120FF.pdf

3 meters only for 100ff or bigger
maximum you can lenghtan the flue for all the others is 2 meters

hope this helps

Really apprieciate your help here and finding me the manual.

I have just found the model on my boiler and it states Ultimate 60 BF, which i suppose must come under "all other models".

I require to have the flue extended by less than 2 meters with an elbow taking the flue to the left, which in theory should be ok i presume.

Many thanks for all your help, i will have a read of the manual and pass it onto the Corgi plumber next week.

I think u will find that even though u can extend the fliue in length they dont make bends for the flue on that model.

Ahh ok, i think i will hold back on the flue for now and look at a possible upgrade if this is the case.

Really appreciate your help though guys, you have all given me far more information than Glow-worm have in 2 weeks.. ;)

Take care,

Thank-you

If ya boiler is big enough 4 the extension move it before u replace it. Its more reliable than a lot of new ones out there, Ya post moved on a lot between my reply it went from ff to bf in a few mins.

bab said:
If ya boiler is big enough 4 the extension move it before u replace it. Its more reliable than a lot of new ones out there, Ya post moved on a lot between my reply it went from ff to bf in a few mins.

Have to have a long hard think now the flue cannot be extended, i appreciate that advice of it being more reliable also.

The boiler would be running around 12 rads (with extension), currently running 8 at the moment quite happily so i need to think if this model would be up to the job !!

Yeah ff to bf moved quite quickly, although i don't think my poor description of the boiler helped ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back