Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Any ideas?
My boiler pilot is on and the fan works ok, but it will not fire up
There is a continuous ticking as the electrode keeps sparking

Help please

Sponsored Links
I find the spark electrode lead gets worn as it passes throught the case of the boiler and arcs there rather than at the pilot assemby

unfortunatly you will need to remove the case by undoing both the butterfly and small nut just above where the boiler stat is and then pull the bottom of the case towards you and then lift it up of the top of the boiler to check it and that is a CORGI job

but if you can see the spark inside the boiler then it isnt this, its probably the gas valve and that REALLY is a corgi jobbie

The last three that I have been to have all had the same problem!

The electrode lead was not correctly placed when the cover was fitted and was arcing to earth.

Tony

P.c.b. , not sensing pilot flame .Flame on pilot could be too low , poor earth connection can also give this symptom . Is the polarity to boiler correct ? Normally , the fault as you describe can be rectified , by renewal of the p.c.b. I would recommend you employ the service of a c.o.r.g.i. engineer , with experience of this model .

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
The last three that I have been to have all had the same problem!

The electrode lead was not correctly placed when the cover was fitted and was arcing to earth.

Tony

same here tony I lurvve that fault

:LOL:

mikey boy is right (if you can see the flame that is)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back