Gloworm 30CXI Not Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there. I took the flow switch out of the boiler and then put back in now the boiler will not light at all for heating or water. Have checked fuses, wiring and so on. Can see gas lights inside but then boiler shuts gas off and tries to light again. error message F1. Was fine before i took flow sensor out.

Sponsored Links
checked the condensate drain
checked the fan
checked the gas valve
Thanks but still no luck have checked all these. Fan working, Gas on and flowing, Unscrew cap on drain and couple of drips came out.

Sponsored Links
Because i was getting no hot water think this is broken have ordered new one.

Is that the one with the overheat stat inside the case on the top left hand side....its a push button reset on the stat....goes easily when theres a bit of air in the system.

yyes does have red button on top left corner but its not that.

Sorted the heating working fine Think fitting a new DOMESTIC HOT WATER SENSOR will sort the hot water out now?

Have also just found out if i set water to no pre heat just comes out of boiler cold. Boiler does not attempt to heat it. If i set to pre heat water it trips out f9

What did you do to get the CH working? (Don't be embarrassed if the answer is "turn it on" - we've all been there :oops: )

Have you got the mfrs instrs for this - on their site I think.

no forgot to put the left wire back on next to the red switch yes got all instructions for boiler but no hot water.

Water presure sensor faulty, check wires and connectors. Done this. But it does not come up if no preheat on hot water.

I'd try disconnecting/shorting the pressure sensor switch, just for something to do before I called Gworm, probably to be told the PCB is faulty. :cry:

getting no error codes now took diverter out and had a look at that not sure if working hard to tell. When requesting hot water pilot light comes on but burner does not fire up like this with or with out pre heat. Do tou think new diverter or new flow sensor. I was think flow sensor as burner not lighting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back