Gloworm Hideaway 50B FF GC No. 41 - 047 - 33

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was just posting for some information regard the above boiler. Didn't have the the Manufacturers Instructions as my mate has lost them, so didnt want to strip the boiler down fully to have a proper look (I am Gas Safe Registered by the way).

Have just looked up the the Literature on the internet, so will be going back to check it over properly, but done a couple of checks and I think it may be the gas valve thats not working or the multifunctional control as stated in the manufacturers instructions.

The boiler sparks but after trying to light a few times it goes to lockout. After a few seconds of sparking, there is a clunk which may be the gas valve trying to open. After a few more attempts at sparking and a bit more clunking it goes to lockout.

I checked for gas at the inlet of the gas valve and there was gas present.
While sparking i checked for gas at the outlet of the gas valve using my manometer. No Gas Present.

I didn't have my multimeter with me, so to prove power to the gas valve, I disconnected the power at the pcb, which leads to the gas valve, powered up the boiler (created a demand) and the sparking began, but the clunking which i presume is the gas valve opening (or trying to open) was not present. Re-connected the lead the pcb, created a demand once again and the sprking was once again followed by the clunking.

Pretty certain it is something to do with the multifunctional control or the the solenoid unit due to the fact that there is no gas at the outlet while sparking, but would like some advice as i only generally carry out servicing, touch on repairs every now and again and not really familer with this particular boiler.

Sorry for the lengthy, sparking, clunky explanation. Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why are you checking for gas pressure @ burner pressure test point? , this boiler utilises pilot ignition.

Such a simple fault, suggest you call a RGI

Agree with gaswizzard, too many errors in your testing/post!

Servicing or not you ain't Gassafe registered or it is a spoof post.

eg. why disconnect the gas valve at the pcb? just pull the plug at the gas valve? Gooonight, I'm out :rolleyes:

Btw Gaswizzard pilot ignition is not the same as permanent pilot & where else would you take the burner pressures on an ignition problem?

Btw Gaswizzard pilot ignition is not the same as permanent pilot & where else would you take the burner pressures on an ignition problem?

The OPs fault didn't get as far as pilot established so why was he/she checking for gas pressure @ BP test point as main solinoid would be shut.

Sponsored Links

The OPs fault didn't get as far as pilot established so why was he/she checking for gas pressure @ BP test point as main solinoid would be shut.

We seem to have a Troll attack - just testing ;)

Blimey

Was asking for a little bit of help not a panning.

I was checking for gas at the burner pressure test nipple, to see if there was gas up to the point of the gas valve, which there was.

The reason i had disconnected the lead from the PCB end and not at the gas valve was because the cover to the PCB was off because my mates a Sparky and is one of these people who cant help himself but have a go. So just pullled the plug that end.

Granted don't really know a lot about these boilers hence the reason for signing up to this site.

I am gas safe registered, don't do much in the way of repairs / fault finding. Work for a company with a dedicated group of people for doing that.

Given that, any advice welcome

Thanks

p.s. Do you know of any Gas Only Forums where i can sign up also.

P.p.s. Saw an old thread from about three years ago saying that you can sign up hear with yor reg. no......Is that still running?

Much Appreciated.

goto top of page and you see a link to the combustion chamber their
you have to wait though

Have you checked there's gas coming out of the meter yet,

Dont wait for an email, they are not usually sent.

One day you will see the CC in your list of topics. Its usually within 1-2 days but can be longer.

If you dont send all the info and that includes the licence number then nothing will happen so send everything, name address etc as well.

Tony

Thanks for me too?

yes agrred with above post's there is a thanks button that tells people your posters have been helping, if they havn't then fine but don't expect much help in cc either then!!!
better post those thanks!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back