gloworm swiftflow 80... no hot water!!! help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

basically the other day the water wouldnt get hot so i checked the boiler and there was no pressure.. i took the front off and could see leak from the auto air vent (which is in the top right hand of the boiler). thinking that this must be the problem i got a replacement part today and fitted and repressured the system. but im still not getting any hot water.. checked the heating and the rads arnt getting hot either..

if anyone could give me any advice whotsoever it would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Sponsored Links
They have a pressure sensing device which once pressure is lost have a tendancy to block and not detect when boiler is repressuried.

Easy to test with continuitly tester

hi mate, where is the pressure sensing device i cant seem to find it?

thanks

I think its on a funny bit of tube just right of centre.

You can join the two connections together to test it if you are sure you have identified it correctly.

It may help to pressurise it a little high at 2 bar or to just wait a few hours and it may well correct itself.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I think its on a funny bit of tube just right of centre.

You can join the two connections together to test it if you are sure you have identified it correctly.

It may help to pressurise it a little high at 2 bar or to just wait a few hours and it may well correct itself.

Tony

what sould happen when i connect them together??

Maybe this ;) but the boiler may run - in which case the water pressure switch is either blocked with muck or the contact resistance is high.

Be aware the wiring could be 240V.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back