Glowworm 18hxi leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I noticed today that my boiler appears to be leaking from a yellow cap on the underside of the boiler, which is presumably the condensate trap. It only looks to be a small leak, but it's enough that over time it's made quite the puddle in my garage!

I'm assuming it's just a simple case of either the cap having split or there's a seal of some sort in there that's now degraded. Presumably I can just unscrew the cap and catch whatever liquid comes out and replace it with a new cap and seal and job done? Is it likely to be indicative of any of other fault?

Attachments

• 20180930_151605.jpg
    20180930_151605.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
The yellow cap could be cracked or water/condense is dripping down inside the boiler,in either situation it needs a registered gas installer.

when was the hxi last serviced ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. It was last serviced last July, so about 15 months ago.

Presumably there's no issue just unscrewing the cap just to see if it appears broken at all (accepting I'll need to catch the water in something).

It'll be cracked, they replaced them with blue ones originally but now the whole trap needs replacing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back