Glowworm 30cx Flexicom Combi Gas Boiler-Getting No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My mother has a 30cx which is 4 years old this is not used very much as mother also lives away sometimes.
This is what happens.
You put the programmer to call for C/H & H/W
The Radiators all get warm and runs normal, when you turn the hot tap on no hot water, this is the tap near to boiler also taps upstairs.
If I set the programmer to H/W only then we get hot water on hot tap near to boiler also upstairs.

After reading though some post on here get a little confusing that the reason I have try to be as accurate with the above.

Is this a simple job to be repaired?
Being an Marine engineer this is something I would like to repair just need some directions so to speak.

Many thanks for any info.
Will keep the forum updated with progress.

Kind regards
Stephen79

Sponsored Links
Hot water is instantaneous from a combi, you don't set a timer or clock, you just open a tap

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi with no hot water tank?

Unusual to have a programmer with hot water controlling a combi.

Or could it just be a two channel controlled just used for CH ?

Tony

Yes it is a combi, The programmer has a built in room thermostat to control the room temperature, so when the room reaches the require temperature this then turn the heating off. When temperature drops the heating comes on again.

When the programmer is set to H/W mode this just allows for hot water when require at the taps.
This is good i.e for summer time when heating not require hope this is clearer to some of the above post.

Many thanks for any help regarding this matter.

I suspect you have a Glowworm with ebus controls.

These allow full control of most boiler functions over a 2 wire bus connection, and (unsurprisingly) are based around Vaillant's (owners of Glowworm) ebus - so are incomprehensible to anyone with less than a day of their life needed to read the manual twice.

Are you referencing the controller manual? Can you confirm the model of controller?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back