Glowworm Betacom 24c/30c not flaming 90error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, had a new boiler put in my house in March, been fine until the last week or so, Since the drop in temp over the past week I have been getting home to no heat and flashing 90 error.

A reset clears the error and the boiler fires up and is ok, (boiler in loft so a pain to do but at least got heat) but it continues to error at random points of the day and night.

Now being in warranty I got glowworm out to it on Monday so day off work and after a 20min visit and running the hot taps and turning heating on and off, said looked ok and left.

I have rebooked today and they are coming out on Saturday, I just wanted to know what he should be looking out for and not fobbed off again, thnaks

Sponsored Links
condense trap but not being funny Glowworm engineer would know to check this !

condense trap but not being funny Glowworm engineer would know to check this !

Thanks for the reply

Been having a look on the net tonight and a few people have said this, some said clearing some blue plugs etc, should I just ask them to check it when they get here?

Or is it a diy job, don't fancy taking the cover off when its still under cover from glowworm.
Didn't fill me with confidence on Monday when they turned up and unlucky for me the boiler had not locked out when they visited

i would not touch it. I kept my advice brief as done incorrectly and even missing a simple task you could end up with products of combustion entering your room.
The trap itself has been modified a number of times, so if its not a newer version hopefully they can update it. It could be something else, but this would be my no.1 suspect.

Sponsored Links
i would not touch it. I kept my advice brief as done incorrectly and even missing a simple task you could end up with products of combustion entering your room.
The trap itself has been modified a number of times, so if its not a newer version hopefully they can update it. It could be something else, but this would be my no.1 suspect.

Right was on this morning, and off again when I got home, got the guys round on Saturday what the best way to make sure it's fixed and working and just reset and fobbed off again, I have asked for a report of what work was done on Monday and not to send the same guy as last time.

Best to be nice to them and make a good cup of coffee with fresh milk!

The guy coming may be the nearest and so the most cost effective to send.

Knowing he might be coming yet again he might have more incentive to check fully.

Tony

Right guy came out last week, checked the trap etc,

Said may be tripping out as is cold and needs to be on longer to get heat so been having it on longer and seeems to be ok, but living on my own and having the heating on for a large amount of time, won't be good come time when the bill comes.

Can't understand why having it on longer seems to keep it from erroring out.

If you are so mean that you only put heating on for 10 min then the boiler is probably never properly heating up and there can be condensation issues.

Put some details down. How long do you time it to be on for?

I agree that it should work for 1 min or 10 hours but the reality is that using it for very short periods is not what is expected!

Tony

Its not about being mean its about the price of gas and only having one income as many other people are probaly worried about.

I don't have it on in the morning as I like to shower get ready and go, its than set to be on 4 to 7.30 than 9.30. till 11.30

I have started to have on in the morning and this seems to stop the lock out, but if I don't have on in the morning I can get home at say 6ish its flamed out, so from not using it for 14 hours it is locking out,

Why didn't you call the installer first? You may also want to ask him why he fitted a band B rated boiler, Building Control regulations state that all boilers fitted after October 2010 should meet band A efficiency rating.

Probably not gas safe registered, so for that reason I'm out.....

If you are certain there is nothing wrong with
the condensate drain I would disable the condensate sensor
and see if the problem goes away for a few days.

I have had this problem on a betacom boiler that shared the drain with a sink and bath in a flat. On all drains straight into the outside drain I have never
had a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back