Glowworm Boiler Ultimate 80 - not getting hot

Sponsored Links
Doesn't sound like your boiler is firing up at all. If it was ,the heat created would be going somewhere,if only a short way through the flow pipework.
I have a little viewing hole on my boiler, I can see what I assume is the main burner coming on.

I've got a little view finder and i can see the blue flame coming on what I assume is the main burner. Any ideas?

It doesn't sound possible that the main burner is on and the boiler and all the pipes are stone cold. Ye cannae change the laws of physics!

So, I would imagine you are seeing the pilot light. Sorry, that's the only idea I have.

It doesn't sound possible that the main burner is on and the boiler and all the pipes are stone cold. Ye cannae change the laws of physics!

So, I would imagine you are seeing the pilot light. Sorry, that's the only idea I have.
Thanks, it's not turning on at all now :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it's not turning on at all now :(

Since the problem started, but whilst it was still turning on, how long did it run for. Did it stay on for more than a few minutes, or just a few seconds?

The manual refers to four neon lights which you can use to help with basic fault finding.

Since the problem started, but whilst it was still turning on, how long did it run for. Did it stay on for more than a few minutes, or just a few seconds?

The manual refers to four neon lights which you can use to help with basic fault finding.
Would stay on until I turned it off.

Bizarrely I've unscrewed the electrical section and some water came out..... no ****ing idea where that came from. Can't see any leaks whatsoever.

Would stay on until I turned it off.

Bizarrely I've unscrewed the electrical section and some water came out..... no ****ing idea where that came from. Can't see any leaks whatsoever.

That doesn't sound good. But it's above my level.

My daughter had a Glowworm Ultimate 50 and I managed to keep it going for her over the last 5 years, 2 refurbished PCB, ignition electrode, air pressure switch plus a number of other components external to the boiler.
It had been in since the house was built around 20 years ago and was one problem after another.

Finally realised I was throwing good money down the drain and replaced it with a Vaillant System boiler (7 years warranty) , also replaced the old Siemens controls with a Hive and renewed all the radiators for her.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back