GlowWorm Compact 80 aka Sonya Duval

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I repaired one of these yesterday. Not my favourite model!

However, the LP indicator is still flashing even though topped up to 1.5 Bar.

I am surprised that the LP switch is apparently not executive.

Can someone confirm this is so?

Tony

Sponsored Links
There must be some dirt under the low water pressure switch.

What I have also had on this boiler is a build up of dirt where the exp/vessel pipes joins the boiler. At this point the boiler prv and pressure guage join giving you some confusing readings like releasing blow off and no water comes out. Releasing blow off, water comes out but pressure guage does not drop.

Just make sure the boiler is empty before removing parts.

As the Andsam reply, can confirm dirty system water.
Had the same very recently, the boiler was a W/B junior with the LP linked through HL stat, muck in the LP was causing the boiler to lock out as if the HL had tripped/failed.
Repair was to simply flush system, clean LP and test.

Tony i went to a GW compact system the other day. Topped up and started working although the red light was still flashing. Cant remember exactly what i did but was cured by me turning the mains off a couple of times and removing the LWPS microswitch and leads. Replaced and it went off :confused:

rob

Sponsored Links
I could fix the switch but I was surprised that the LP indication is just that! An indication which was non executive.

I have not thought of any other model like that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back