vorkera flowmatic 20 - 80 RS problem.

Actually quite easy to get out all you do is loosen the top pump connection and the whole thing swings out.

Usually easier said than done when the brass nut has had 14 years to corrode onto the steel pump thread!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Blimey, recently this forum is a testament to the influx of workers diluting prices isn't it?. Two years ago we were saying the 2 to 2and a half grand was a reasonable installation cost now even installers are baulking at a grand and a bit.
With regards to repair this boiler may not need any parts at all, worst case an external expansion vessel fitted and maybe a 6 inch silicon tube.

When your repairer inflated the expansion vessel its unlikely to have pressurised it because the flowmatic has no drain valve it's emptied through the PRV which springs back shut.

In order to inflate the vessel to 1 bar a drain point needs to be open (with boiler F/R closed) otherwise you are reading pressure in the boiler, not vessel pressure.

The diaphragm change is useless unless the diverter valve in front of the diaphragm manifold is also stripped and cleaned, shuttle replaced, pins/shafts greased with o-ring lube. The full service kits are still available.

PS This model ceased production in 1994.

the guy who quoted 850.00 for a new vokera hasn't called back - maybe he's busy or looking for where to pinch it from! lol

seriously - this is the third person to take a look and then never call back, one of who took my user manual away to look at and never called back, the service I'm recieving is seriously naffing me off now. I'm still stuck with a boiler which needs topping up from 0 to 1.5 bar everytime I use the GCH and erratic hot water for a shower.

I have just emailed vokera customer service, in the hope that someone who knows the flowmatic 20-80 Rs inside out, can repair, diagnose, service it. Especially the expanssion vessel tested, to see if has indeed packed in. I the hope that they can point somone out to me in my area.

growing tired of engineers promises of turning none turning up or calling back and nicking user manuals! :mad:

Sponsored Links
vokera man who said 850.00 for new vokera combi has called back (must have read my last post!) quoted 960.00 to supply vokera compact HE boiler, install boiler, change some pipework 15mm to 22mm.

I have decided to go and scratch the plastic!

here ends my journey! (i hope!)

thanks fella's. :)

Before you part with your money ask him if he is going to fill in the benchmark book and sign it , and will he register it with building control via corgi, in fact have you seen his corgi card. If he is, fair play, but of course if you're not ars8d about all this, just the price, don't bother. See you soon. :D

For what he is paying to have the boiler replaced, expect OP on these pages soon. Boiler will be more like cucked in if you know what I mean.

vokera man who said 850.00 for new vokera combi has called back (must have read my last post!) quoted 960.00 to supply vokera compact HE boiler, install boiler, change some pipework 15mm to 22mm.

I have decided to go and scratch the plastic!

here ends my journey! (i hope!)

thanks fella's. :)

Well done mate.

I don't think you'll have any problems,not really a big deal to change a like for like.

Still a great price at £960 IMO (in my opinion).

Tell yer man if he's ever looking for work in Glasgow to get in touch ;)

Mind and let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back