Glowworm Flexicom 18hx boiler condensating and slight leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can help. I have a glowworm 18hx boiler. Its about 7 years old. I had a service booked recently because it was weeping from one corner. An independent gas safe engineer came round and advised there was condensation leaking within the boiler. He advised that the best course of action was to replace the whole unit for £1600. This seems a little extreme given its relatively new and having read a little about condensing boilers this does seem to be a problem but can sometimes be fixed by just replacing a collection tray? Would appreciate anyones comments before I bung out the money!!

Sponsored Links
Possible collector hood leaking, trap, or other on this model. No need to scrap to be fair, but get someone else to have a look.

Thanks Gas2Air. Did seem a little extreme and will get a second opinion! Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
if its the sump leaking ring glow-worm, it was a defect and they should replace the hx f.o.c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back