glowworm flexicom 30 cx problem

Hi! Thanks for the replies.
I turned off my boiler and checked outside pipe is still leaking. Pressure went from 1.0 to 0.6 bar within minutes.

This is the only leak we can find, no water anywhere around boiler.

Sponsored Links
Hi thats sounds like its your heat exchanger that has a leak for sure....im afraid they are expensive to change...i had mine covered on a insurance policy,i think you maybe looking at about £300 sorry to say.
If im honest i had nothing but trouble with those boilers and only last week replaced mine because i got fedup with it, it was only 6 yrs old.

well sorry but sounds like your heat exchanger has gone, as said on the thread next to this one you would be better going on the GW maintenance plan for a year you can cancel it after that as it is an expensive repair and be prepared for the attending engineer to be less than pleased that you have added leak sealer

I have already contacted glowworm to check up about fault 22 so I doubt I could get it fixed through gw maintenance plan now unfortunately.

The boiler isn't that old as house only built 6 years ago.

Looks like I may jus have to pay the 300 quid ( unfortunate as i haven't long moved into the house)

Thanks for any advice..

Sponsored Links
Doesnt matter if you have contacted them dont lie to them just ask if they do a guaranteed price repair and say if I take out a maintanance plan will you sort it and they usually do, failing that get it from BG they will do it

Will give them a ring tomor....would u have any idea how much maintenance plan would be?
thanks

I have used it successfully many times but only Fernox. Radweld is very similar for engine coolant system and is good stuff too. (I have even used Radweld in ch successfully!)

and Morrisons value eggs?

I was paying £21 a month but this covered all labour and parts ,and over the course of the year i had 1 x 3 way valve and 1 x heat exchanger fitted which would of cost god knows how much in parts and labour...

If you can afford it change the boiler as they are nothing but trouble,i have just fitted a Worchester CDI 29 £1200 Fitted, reports are they are suppose to be good ...time will tell so fingers crossed.

Doesnt matter if you have contacted them dont lie to them just ask if they do a guaranteed price repair and say if I take out a maintanance plan will you sort it and they usually do, failing that get it from BG they will do it

I would have thought that he could just ask for a fixed price repair without a maintenance plan?

Most breakdown cover has a start delay before any ( existing ) faults will be covered.

Tony

I rang glow worm today they possibly can offer a repair policy for the year. Have to ring back with boiler serial number... fingers crossed it covers!

I would have thought that he could just ask for a fixed price repair without a maintenance plan?

Most breakdown cover has a start delay before any ( existing ) faults will be covered.

Tony

No Tony that is not the case some manus offer you the choice of a fixed price repair or a contract even though they know there is a fault, they are banking on you not cancelling after 12 months, in this case I think the 12 month warranty is the customers best bet, it is cheaper than the repair and the customer gets an addition 12 months cover

I have the same fault on the same model - mine's almost certainly the hydroblock thing that needs replacing. It leaked slowly for ages with most of the water evaporating before it made it out of the boiler. Now it's more than 2 litres a day!

My local boiler engineer wasn't interested as he thinks they're terrible boilers and he'd be chasing leaks around it for years (very happy to fit a new one though). He suggested the Gloworm fixed price repair & policy is the best option as we can't afford a replacement.

So I've paid £288 and they will come out and fix it (incl. all parts and labour) provided it is not BER. Then it's covered for the next 12 months. The engineer is due out in a couple of days so fingers crossed it'll be sorted.

It turns out it was the heat exchanger after all. Glowworm engineer was out today and all fixed! It works out at £288 with the repair maintenance plan which includes 12 month cover....good deal I think!
thanks for help guys

It turns out it was the heat exchanger after all. Glowworm engineer was out today and all fixed! It works out at £288 with the repair maintenance plan which includes 12 month cover....good deal I think!
thanks for help guys

thanks for help guys

Glad you took my advice Lyndsey sometimes it is better to just bite the bullet and let the manu take over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back