glowworm micron 50ff start stop prob.querie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Micron 50 ff wall hung boiler glowworm make.. recently i had a new pcb and thermistor fitted .now the boiler when is called to heat by an exterior clock timer [the only exterior control for this boiler]will call the pump to run immediatly for rughly 3 seconds then fan will run and click noise for rughly 5 seconds then it will lock out and immeditaly startup again and run continusally untill temp is reached and it will them stop and start again as normal till the clock ends that cycle and it stops .. question .is this a feature of the new pcb and thermistor or do i have a problem waiting to happen soon ..any suggestion are appreciated ant thanks you in advance mark.

Sponsored Links
No it shouldn't do that, call your boiler mender back!

I have a Micron 50 ff wall hung boiler glowworm make.. recently i had a new pcb and thermistor fitted .now the boiler when is called to heat by an exterior clock timer [the only exterior control for this boiler]will call the pump to run immediatly for rughly 3 seconds then fan will run and click noise for rughly 5 seconds then it will lock out and immeditaly startup again and run continusally untill temp is reached and it will them stop and start again as normal till the clock ends that cycle and it stops .. question .is this a feature of the new pcb and thermistor or do i have a problem waiting to happen soon ..any suggestion are appreciated ant thanks you in advance mark.
I rang the guy and he says it has started and run for a month now so he figures its a pecularity of the pcb and its ok and right enough it has but the predelay does not sound right ..what can i say that convinces him that its not exactly right .i dont want to have to fork out another 350 eu..in a few months .e.g . what in your opinion might be wrong if the pcb and thermistor are replaced what can cause delayed start like any ideas will be appreciated cause i need to have something to say other than i thinik its not working properly.and again thanks iin advance.

Hi the replacement pcb for this boiler has a micro controller which is pre-programmed rather than a lot of relays which were fitted to the old board.
I would suggest that the board is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Hi the replacement pcb for this boiler has a micro controller which is pre-programmed rather than a lot of relays which were fitted to the old board.
I would suggest that the board is faulty.
Hi .The guy who fitted the new pcb made a point of pointiing up the fact that the new brd had solid state reliability and had no silly relays like the original pcb which had happily worked satisfactorily for the last four years ..the serial number on the original parts box from the new printed circuit board is {GLOW.WORM 2000801990]

The new pcb does do this it is a pre purge function which clears any gas that may be in the boiler prior to ignition.Ihave fitted many which do this

The new pcb does do this it is a pre purge function which clears any gas that may be in the boiler prior to ignition.Ihave fitted many which do this
Thanks again gasgeezer the reason i asked was it seemed a little pec. to hear it start and stop and start again but it is running fine and loads of heat so im a happy chappie cheers.

i have a glowworm micron 50 ff and when it fires up it stays alight for about 5 to 10 mins and then shuts down , pump replaced and pcb replaced . is there a blockage to the heat exchanger or am i barking up the wrong tree.

darenious...hi jacking a post is considered rude and causes confusion. Start a new posting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back