Glowworm Micron 60FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has just stoped working.
If I turn it off then back on again the reset light ilumilates then the fan starts for about 5seconds or so then it all cuts out without lighting.
Have tested the overheat stat and the NTC and they are ok.
It would appear that the fault lies with the PCB, am I barking up the right tree?

Sponsored Links
Could be a Fan fault, or APS / Connec ting tubes

get these checked by a qualified gas service engineer ;)

Sponsored Links
not good advice to give if OP is not compotent on boilers .also the advice given is not the solution to various problems it could be.

not good advice to give if OP is not compotent on boilers .also the advice given is not the solution to various problems it could be.

Why? He's no where near the gas and it's a simple enough to check if the switch is working.

This is a D-I-Y forum after all I.E. Have a go at it yourself! :D

Why? He's no where near the gas and it's a simple enough to check if the switch is working.

This is a D-I-Y forum after all I.E. Have a go at it yourself! :D

Clearly you dont have any training on gas matters!

The fan and APS are located INSIDE the combustion chamber and its totally inappropriate to advise any DIYer to open this if they dont have and expertise or equipment to properly test the boiler is working safely.

Tony

Clearly you dont have any training on gas matters!

Yawn. Everyone bow down to the tradesmen. Get over yourself. I do loads of jobs which I haven't had training for, but that doesn't mean I can't do them safely and with skill.

How would you know?
This site does not support work on gas related components. See the sticky post.
Mod 10

There is no high horse.

Gas has safety implications and no advice should be given on a public forum which encourages any work which, if not done correctly, could create any risk.

Not only would that be inappropriate advice but could put the site owner on the receiving end of a significant legal claim.

Its not just the person enquiring but anyone else from the hundreds who read forums for information.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back