Glue for floating floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 2 questions if someone would be kind enough to answer

1) Where is best to buy the glue for solid oak floor being fitted floating. I assume its just PVA most places sell tubs but i will need a bottle with nozzel.

2) I have one room that has wood floorboard construction and the other adjoining room via a 2 meter opening is concrete which i'm flooring straight through from one to the other. If i were to secret nail the new floor in the floorbaorded room can you then use self adhesive underlay in the concrete room both will be covered with plywood. Or will it all need to be fitted with the same method throughout as i wont be able to secret nail to concrete.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Both rooms will have ply wood installed prior to floor.

Do you know if different methods of fixing can be used for the floor boarded room say secret fix then when the floors get into concret floored room use elastilon. Or should i just use Elastilon thorugh both rooms.

How does the Elastilon work... do the oak floor panels stick to it?? is it sticky on both sides so it sticks to the ply also? and if i stick a board down and want to remove it or say slide it under the door architrave will it come off easy.

Just incase i choose floating floor can i use any pva glue. I was thinking a tub of pva from wickes and an old fairy liquid bottle for dispensing.

Sponsored Links
It is always best to use one installation method for the same floor so when there is seasonal movement it all works the same.

Elastilon standard has one sticky side, the one used with underfloor heating is sticky on both sides. You install the boards on top of the removable sheets first, when they are straight etc you carefully remove the sheet underneath from it and the board stick.

If you need to glue the T&G use a PVAC that comes in bottle with a nozzle so you can adjust the amount of glue coming out depending on the size of the groove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back