GMTV said only 40 years left of OIL!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its official now, GMTV have told us today 40 years left. Don't know if thats 20th October, 2048, but awfully close if Fiona Philips told me so! :D

No sign of Cheggers today though, I like to have a go at his quizzes (I always check his quiz questions on the internet though!). :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is that 40 yrs at todays rate of use or after they ban any of us mere mortals from using the stuff.

Its something thats covered regularly on this forum, with some amazing responses (I read most).

Maybe one of our great minds (not me) here should put forward a serious poll of opinion. A poll so there is not lots of barking at each other.
Fossil fuels including crude oil will run out in the not too distant decades.
Should we devote huge amounts of this oil to create renewable energy sources in the form of wind, wave, nuclear,solar,hydro. As we need oil/diesel powered machinery to create the sheet metals and component parts?
What will the immediate social impact be on high unemployment due to little fuel for vehicles/work places?
Which will be nations to go war over the last reserves of it?

Sorry if its heavy gear for those with few tins on board, but its an unavoidable world subject!

Its something thats covered regularly on this forum, with some amazing responses (I read most).

Maybe one of our great minds (not me) here should put forward a serious poll of opinion. A poll so there is not lots of barking at each other.
Should we devote huge amounts of this oil to create renewable energy sources in the form of wind, wave, nuclear,solar,hydro. As we need oil/diesel powered machinery to create the sheet metals and component parts?
What will the immediate social impact be on high unemployment due to little fuel for vehicles/work places?

Sorry if its heavy gear for those with few tins on board, but its an unavoidable world subject!
errr, why do we have to have a Poll or whatever, its been posted as a Topic here, you have posted to that topic, I have, the others above have and so can anyone else. If you think posting this question in another format will stop any arguments you're naive to say the least.

Sponsored Links

errr, why do we have to have a Poll or whatever, its been posted as a Topic here, you have posted to that topic, I have, the others above have and so can anyone else. If you think posting this question in another format will stop any arguments you're naive to say the least.

I just can't see what other are arguing about (apart for sake of it)? Oil will run out to extent that it would unfeasible to retrieve.
A poll just enables the quieter members to make a judgment without the pr*cks in the forum barking insults at each other.
Civilised fashion! ;)
There huge swathes of the population that bury their heads in the sand because their lifestyle is one of excess and wastefulness. These people will be the first to crack up and do silly things when the pump run dry!
Besides I wanted my own thread.

Steam car? good idea!
chorlton.jpg

http://www.steamcar.net/register.html

Wouldnt belive anything on gmtv! Fiona Phillips is the most neurotic woman on tv, see her today saying that these halloween masks are disrepectful to the elderly.
Boris Johnsons old man was on and she was trying to get him on board and he just told her to calm down!

Britain has enough coal to last for centuries, oil and gas can be extracted from coal.Is the reason we don't synthesize oil and gas from coal the cost.
Instead of wasting money building windmills the government should be investing money in clean coal technology to find more efficient ways of extracting oil and gas from coal. If oil does run out what use would a wind mill be in propelling a car.

Sponsored Links
Back