'Go, no-go', for outside socket?

Any deviation from the horizontal plane that causes the cable to travel outside the horizontal zone of the accessory can be done 150mm from the corner, on either wall.
Ah, yes, I'd overlooked the zones at the corner! One practical issue is that, unless one twists the cable, this approach is presumably going to require 'sideways bands' in the cable, which is not easy/ideal with T&E. Also, rather ironically, the more one offsets the accessories (vertically), the tighter does that sideways bending need to become.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
this approach is presumably going to require 'sideways bands' in the cable, which is not easy/ideal with T&E.
I don't think getting T&E to twist in a 15cm radius is going to be too difficult.

Also, rather ironically, the more one offsets the accessories (vertically), the tighter does that sideways bending need to become.
I'm afraid you've lost me there, I'd have thought it would make little, if not any difference.

this approach is presumably going to require 'sideways bands' in the cable, which is not easy/ideal with T&E.
I don't think getting T&E to twist in a 15cm radius is going to be too difficult.
Bending 'sideways' is not all that easy even with a 15cm radius (particularly for larger cable sizes) but I agree that, if one twists it through 90 degrees, then 15cm is child's play.
Also, rather ironically, the more one offsets the accessories (vertically), the tighter does that sideways bending need to become.
I'm afraid you've lost me there, I'd have thought it would make little, if not any difference.
I've almost lost myself with that one :) What I was thinking of was running the cable, without any twists, across the 15cm vertical safe zone in the corner, 'diagonally' from one of the horizontal safe zones to the position of the other. Doing that, the amount of sideways bending required would increase from zero if the the two horizontal safe zones were at the same height to approaching 90 degrees as the vertical distance between the two safe zones approached infinity. However, that's obviously not the only way to do it.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back