Gob-smacked!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In August 2018, we had a WB boiler fitted.

It has just gone faulty.

I rang WB for service under warranty.

Told the warranty expired last August.

:eek:

I thought they had 10 year warranties.

Explained I picked them because they were Which? rated and had a good reputation for reliability and long warranties.

WB do not want to know.

Sponsored Links
I thought those warranties were only if installed by one of their 'recommended' installers and serviced annually?

I thought Worcester had a minimum of 5 years.

Is it their basic model?

Which it was.

Apparently different boilers have different warranty lengths.

Looking at all the boiler paperwork, I cannot find any mention of warranty.

Sponsored Links
CDi's are top of the range, or were. You get a basic 3 years I think, then extra time if you have their filter, their controls and have it fitted by a Worcester Bosch approved installer. What's wrong with it , EA code?

Don't see a code, but then I don't know where to look.

It's giving hot and cold fluctuating water, but only occasionally.

Also, can't get the CH to fire.

Dunno bout the filter, but we have the WB controls pack and I think it was fitted by an approved company.

Explained I picked them because they were Which? rated and had a good reputation for reliability and long warranties.

Unfortunately WB are a triumph of marketing over engineering. Full of leak-prone plastic internals and badly designed components. There are much better boilers out there for less money.

Having spoken to the engineer who serviced it, he said this isn't entirely true.

OOI, which boiler would you recommend?

Having spoken to the engineer who serviced it, he said this isn't entirely true.

OOI, which boiler would you recommend?

OK, one exmple. The flow turbine adaptor's are very leak prone and leak down onto the diverter valve motor which damages it. So do WB improve the adaptor's design? No, they just fit a rubber boot over the motor to protect it.

Recommendations - Baxi, Main, Intergas, poss Vaillant. Basically anything but WB.

Our Worcester Bosch is 11 years old serviced last week and the engineer said it was in excellent condition.

I did ask him why people hated them and he said he's seen far worse!.

OK, one exmple. The flow turbine adaptor's are very leak prone and leak down onto the diverter valve motor which damages it. So do WB improve the adaptor's design? No, they just fit a rubber boot over the motor to protect it.

Recommendations - Baxi, Main, Intergas, poss Vaillant. Basically anything but WB.

Ohhh, I need to help my parents with a selecting a new boiler. I looked at that Boxt but it seemed too good to be true.

What about Atag? Intergas installers are spread thin.

Our Worcester Bosch is 11 years old serviced last week and the engineer said it was in excellent condition.

I did ask him why people hated them and he said he's seen far worse!.

Some engineers love them because they get lots of work from WBs. Having to pull the boiler off the wall to fit a new pressure relief valve or expansion vessel stretches what should be a simple job and boosts earnings. Then there the labour for changing the left and right hydroblocks when the plastic pinholes and sprays water onto the electrics. Oh yes, WB is the gift that keeps on giving if you can be arzed with them

Sponsored Links
Back