Consumer Rights Act 2015

Sponsored Links
Durham. The same could be said of you matey, if all you can offer is to go round threads making unhelpful comments like that!

MB, I feel I have a strong case, but TS reckon they are within their rights to request a report. TS also said that the most I would get if I wanted a refund would be their "estimate" of the value of the goods minus a fee for useage so far.

It's as if Currys have just said to me, "D'you know what? We're sick of mending it now. We've offered you a pittance for your fridge, if you don't accept that then you have to get an 'Authorised Service Agent' to do a report on the probable cause of the fault. And then we get to scrutinise the report and IF we agree with its findings, we will repair it and reimburse your costs in getting that report."

Even the CCC have said, "If we're taking joint responsibility for this faulty appliance under Section 75, we want the service reports from Currys detailing the fault and what parts were required to fix it. And they suggested I ask Currys for them. As if they will give me those...
You will end up having a heart attack

That's a helpful comment! Thank you. Why do you think that?

It seems Currys have ducked the repair.
Letter below.
Comments welcome!

img_20190903_213117-jpg.170665

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...th-warning-buzzer.509265/page-2#ixzz5yVXXtyHM

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
But presumably that would be in exchange for the fridge. And the payment would be in Currys vouchers.

Don't presume anything.
A refund is a refund, vouchers are not a refund - demand ££
If you want to keep the fridge and get it repaired then ask if they want the fridge or shall you dispose of it?

Don't presume anything.
A refund is a refund, vouchers are not a refund - demand ££
If you want to keep the fridge and get it repaired then ask if they want the fridge or shall you dispose of it?

I agree, insist on a cheque for cash - their £163 offer will maybe cost the £100 if paid in vouchers. Agree to cash, with the proviso that you keep the fridge, if that would be sensible for you? Me, I would be looking to replace/ or repair the loom myself, maybe find a more substantial way to fix it.

OK. Sorted this now, after much discussion on the phone. We have the fridge and a large refund.

How large a refund and will you be able to repair the fridge yourself to a standard that it won't break down again, or at least, last longer than their repairs?

How large a refund and will you be able to repair the fridge yourself to a standard that it won't break down again, or at least, last longer than their repairs?
Very large!
Any repair has to last longer than theirs. I will order a loom and modify it against abrasion and see how things go. I have a friendly appliance repair guy who is very helpful too.

Splash out & treat yourself to a Beko fridge.
This is the crazy thing. Apart from the niggling wiring loom fault, it's a great fridge with huge capacity and good layout.

Think we will just buy a new loom every now and again and see how it goes.

I don't think you mentioned it in this thread, but what make & model is it?
Just so we can be sure to not get the same one unless we want to change the loom too :)

Sponsored Links
Back