Gob-smacked!

And as DIY person am I allowed to fix it, if not then any readily available and cheap spares means nothing because no doubt the Gas Safe plumber will want plenty of dosh.

Same as a solicitor would to represent you.

Sponsored Links
And as DIY person am I allowed to fix it, if not then any readily available and cheap spares means nothing because no doubt the Gas Safe plumber will want plenty of dosh.

Same as a solicitor would to represent you.

Unfortunately WB are a triumph of marketing over engineering. Full of leak-prone plastic internals and badly designed components. There are much better boilers out there for less money.
Agree completely.
Screenshot_20211001-095418_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Takes proper insanity to design this bolox.

Sponsored Links
Sure Worcesters have their issues but the Classic...it was the high end model at the time...easy to fix, very easy parts availability, best backup and should last 20 years.
Only the hopeless need to remove the boiler to change a relief valve..
The classic doesn't have a filling key..just a simple a sprung lever valve.
Good luck getting parts or anyone to come and look at it with all those obscure brands.

If you feel confident and deem yourself competent, then you can do what you want in your own home. Trouble is boilers, and especially newer boilers need test equipment to check the safety of the boiler, flue gasses etc, without it you can't tell if the boiler is safe, it may work, but it could kill.

OK £64000 question, I have an Ideal FF250 25 years old, only issue has been extractor fan/bearings required sorting a few times but ready to change it cos it trips out now and again ( heat exchanger clogged up at a guess). Central heating and open vent hot water cylinder ( do not want combi) what to go for, probably need to upgrade to 18kw according to my heating calcs.

OK £64000 question, I have an Ideal FF250 25 years old, only issue has been extractor fan/bearings required sorting a few times but ready to change it cos it trips out now and again ( heat exchanger clogged up at a guess). Central heating and open vent hot water cylinder ( do not want combi) what to go for, probably need to upgrade to 18kw according to my heating calcs.
Maybe get the boiler and system flushed (it should be cleaned before fitting a new boiler). If you definitely need a new one, have a look at an Ideal Logic.
Heat Only Boilers | Conventional Boilers UK | Ideal Heating

Sponsored Links
Back