God or country

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do you think God is on our side, or is he on there side whoever they are :?: :confused: is he a muslim ,jew. catholic, hindu or none of these :confused: does he favor some countrys , or state's :confused: ,or is it our fault for inventing to many religions.all to fit our needs :confused: and would you pick to follow your believes or support your country in times of crisis if there was conflicted between the two. :confused: happy christmas :)

Sponsored Links
:confused: people construct their own idea of God to match their own preferences.

South Africa used to have a God that approved of Apartheid. Britain used to have a God that approved of slavery. Some people have a God that approves of subjugation of women. Some people have a God that approves of the stoning to death of Adulterers (but only if they're female ones). Some people have a God that thinks you should pray in Latin and some people have a God that thinks you should pray in your own language. Some people have a God that says Transubstantiation is true and some people have a God that says it isn't. Some people have a God that says women can be priests and some have a God that says they can't. Some people have a God that thinks you should have lots of wives and some people have a God that thinks you should only have one. Some people have a God that thinks it is best to have a wife and children, some people have a God that thinks it is best not to.

So their God is always on their side.

Sponsored Links
Some Gods appear to think that homosexuality is an abomination, some appear to think it should be tolerated, some appear to think it should be welcomed as a blessing.

but you knew that.

I had a look at the KJ version of Leviticus, and I see that one of the Gods that says homosexuals should be put to death prescribes the same punishment for those who curse their parent, and for adulterers. He also says that honey should not be included in burnt offerings, and that rabbits should not be eaten.

Personally I do not subscribe to any of these rules, but I am entitled to choose a different God if I want.

"G :) D is a concept.........by which we measure our pain" .......J :confused: hn Lenn:cool: n

Biliou,,,, are u sure there's no god, :confused: where,s your facts. :) surley hundreds of millions of people world cant be fooled :confused: :eek:

:confused: people construct their own idea of God to match their own preferences.

South Africa used to have a God that approved of Apartheid. Britain used to have a God that approved of slavery. Some people have a God that approves of subjugation of women. Some people have a God that approves of the stoning to death of Adulterers (but only if they're female ones). Some people have a God that thinks you should pray in Latin and some people have a God that thinks you should pray in your own language. Some people have a God that says Transubstantiation is true and some people have a God that says it isn't. Some people have a God that says women can be priests and some have a God that says they can't. Some people have a God that thinks you should have lots of wives and some people have a God that thinks you should only have one. Some people have a God that thinks it is best to have a wife and children, some people have a God that thinks it is best not to.

So their God is always on their side.

A really impressive and informative reply JohnD.

God makes the un-explainable acceptable by making it happen.

Native Americans couldn't explain rain so they had a rain god who made it rain.

Some very rich people have chosen Buddhism over their given religion. The bit they seem to like about its teachings is that whatever riches and fortune you are blessed with, are yours to keep, enjoy and be proud of because it is a result of being very good in your last life.

Buddhists need feel no guilt or sympathy when they see others less fortunate, starving and dieing as it teaches that these people deserve their plight for sins in their past life...how convinient :rolleyes:

I don't follow any religion but I do beleive theres a valid moral point made by the richman/eye of a needle thing...

is there a devil, :confused: :evil: or such a thing called evil :evil: and has all the bad guys, got away with there crimes :confused: why do gods appear in cave drawings with startship :confused:

I've got no time for it, they preach love but spread hatred, I live in a small community so know everyone well, and the church goers are certainly not the most christian amongst us.
It does worry me that intelligent people have been believing this stuff for many years, I often wonder if there is something in it, I don't think its been well thought out, I was talking to a friend about my dad who's got cancer and is dying, her dad is also suffering with cancer and he's a church canon, and I said that it must be comforting for him having religion,complete faith that he's going to a better place, she told me that he's not sure! blimey! I was shocked by that. I know my dad is scared but thought her dad would be prepared, well were all dying aren't we, but I don't think we really believe it.

Sponsored Links
Back