Did the Aussie PM actually say this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone sent me this and, being still in naive vacation mode, I'm not sure if he actually said it ... Did anyone hear it?

Joe could pin it up on his bedroom wall as his mantra :LOL:

MW

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Kevin angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if he actually said it

dont know, it sounds like something no nonsense kevin rudd would come away with.
think i will print it off and use it as my mantra!

:cool:

Former Prime Minister John Howard said that MW. I agree with every word of his speech, and wish that we had the guts in this country to say the same. He is was saying that other people's beliefs and customs, that come here to live in Australia are accepted and respected,, but don't try to change the traditions and beliefs of the country that YOU chose to come and live in...... If you are not happy here, you can always leave..... This Government would not have the courage to make such a simple, honest statement.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
More's the pity!

And to the teenage, (and not so teenage), thugs who beat up defencless pensioners and the like,

" We don't care if you come from a broken home, dysfunctional one parent family, didn't go to school for fear of being bullied, never given a playstation for Christmas or any other pathetic excuse your overpaid lawyer can trump up, you are guilty and you are going to prison for a long time where you will sit and sew pointless mailbags every day with no TV/PC/Games console/free trips to the shops or foreign holidays! And maybe when you get out you will have possibly learnt something! That we are sick of the likes of you ruining peoples lives and now we are going to ruin yours!!
Take him/her down!"

Noseall,
no he didn't. He hated ALL jews and other ethnic groups because he was paranoid and believed he was the father of the 'true German race'.
It didn't matter wether you made a valuable contribution to the economy or sacrificed your children in the armed forces, if you were not pure German stock you were a threat and threats had to be removed.

Quite!

I stand corrected but at least you know what I was getting at. ;)

the john howard, who incidently shares my birthday, quote i will always remember was made the day after he accused his opponents proposal as to being akin to 'a prostitute in a ball gown'

i heard him on the radio saying, 'i would like to offer a sincere and unreserved apology to the prostitutes of Queensland'

About time one of ours got up and said the same and we stop pandering to these people be they black/white/pink or green or whatever religion. Let them fek off back to wherever if they don`t like it.

Yes, he did say that (not sure if the quoted words are entirely accurate). There is a lot of anti-immigrant feeling in Australia, which is funny when you think about it.

Some of them are very insular and intolerant, I don't know if this is more common among the ones who come from small towns with no exposure to differences. There are other Australians who feel differently.

I was a bit puzzled when he said "Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia" since I don't see any reason why people shouldn't choose to live any variety of Christian, Buddhist, Islamic, Vegetarian, teetotal, or any other kind of life themselves. If they want e.g. to observe dietary rules, pray five times a day, abstain from alcohol, gambling or loan-sharking, good luck to them, as long as they don't try to impose their values on anyone else (like Rudd wants to)

Politicians are often ready to appeal to anyone who has strong feelings one way or another.

There are some sensible views contained in the speech that's for sure but nowadays its so difficult to even have an open debate about some of these issues due to the PC brigade at one end and the borderline racists at the other :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
Back