Going EV

The new electric Jag looks...

4368.jpg


weird.; like something out of Thunderbirds.

It has no rear window, will not fit into a UK parking space and – starting at £130,000 – ($172,000) is aimed squarely at rich tech industry buyers driving the wide open roads of America. The car will go on sale in early 2027, with the first deliveries anticipated in the second half of the year.

Yeah, that's pretty gross. Mind you, we had all the same comments about the "jelly mould" Sierra when that came out, because it didn't look like the "Dagenham dustbin" it replaced. People don't like change...

Jaguar said they wanted to go more "niche" and I think this model will definitely help them achieve that...;)
 
i wonder if it will have stupid low profle tyres giving a noisy and uncomfortable ride, and a giant infotainment screen with confusing menus and the ride so shockingly hard that it is near impossible to hover your finger over the desired button long enough to press it.

cars now seem to be designed for perfectly tarmac'd autobahns by folk who only have experience of driving simulators

Yeah I know... ...and iron ships will never float! 'Tis the work of the Devil, mark my words;)! Witchery, I tell thee! No good will come of it! Where will it all end? That's I what I want to know! Flying machines, I shouldn't wonder!
 
Yeah I know... ...and iron ships will never float! 'Tis the work of the Devil, mark my words;)! Witchery, I tell thee! No good will come of it! Where will it all end? That's I what I want to know! Flying machines, I shouldn't wonder!
its the voice of the car industry - I JUST WANT TO DRIVE FAST
 
its the voice of the car industry - I JUST WANT TO DRIVE FAST

:ROFLMAO: The car industry makes slow cars for people who want to go slow, and fast cars for people who want to go fast. It really doesn't care which you buy, so long as it gets your money. I don't have a problem with you buying a slow car if that's what you want...

However, you're going to have to get used to classic car ownership if you want something on full profile tyres. I could recommend an original (red fluid) Citroen DS, maybe?;)
 
there is still some stuff, there's an lexus with 60's on that i wanted, but my wife chose something else, 55s front, 50s rear (the rears are wider so side wall is very similar), and the ride is good enough (not as good as my van with its 65s (proper tyres) , far far more comfortable than the idiotic thing we have thankfully got rid of with 40s on. harsh noisy uncomfortable!
 
Yeah, that's pretty gross. Mind you, we had all the same comments about the "jelly mould" Sierra when that came out, because it didn't look like the "Dagenham dustbin" it replaced. People don't like change...

Jaguar said they wanted to go more "niche" and I think this model will definitely help them achieve that...;)

I think cars look 'meaner' in modern times. They used to look friendly. Take a look at cars in the 60s and you'll see what i mean. They had a happy 'face'. I loathed the new Rolls when it came up with an 'improved' design: they made it look for all the world like a building with an old boiler for an engine with that huge grill. Now they seem to be designing EVs with a view to sending them across a battlefield.
 
I think cars look 'meaner' in modern times. They used to look friendly. Take a look at cars in the 60s and you'll see what i mean. They had a happy 'face'. I loathed the new Rolls when it came up with an 'improved' design: they made it look for all the world like a building with an old boiler for an engine with that huge grill. Now they seem to be designing EVs with a view to sending them across a battlefield.
yes, the trend is towards more aggressive looking vehicles, in my quest to understand why big wheels with small tyres is all the rage, it has nothing to do with swerving to miss young children crossing the road, it doesn't even have much to do with high speed driving, it is all to do with style and looking good on social media here is a very typical observation

Styling and Proportions: Car designers sketch vehicles with oversized wheels to give them a lower, sportier, and a more aggressive stance that fills out the wheel arches. Smaller wheels on modern high-waisted, heavy body styles make a car look "under-wheeled"

so there we have it, a harsher, louder more uncomfortable ride purely so as your car will look the part on face book


The Trade-Offs
    • Harser Ride: Thicker tire sidewalls act less like a cushion against bumps, leading to a stiffer and less comfortable ride quality.
    • Vulnerability to Damage: Low-profile tires offer very little rim protection, making large wheels prone to expensive scratches, bending, or cracking from potholes and kerbs.
    • Performance and Fuel Penalties: Heavier wheels increase rotational inertia and unsprung mass, which can hurt acceleration, braking, and fuel or battery efficiency. [1, 2]
    • Higher Replacement Costs: Larger rims and specialty low-profile tires cost significantly more to buy and replace.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top