Going to the World Cup? Like a drink? Oh dear ...

The Principality Stadium in Cardiff now has a large section where alcohol is banned on the terraces, as the true rugby fan was getting fed up of the 'part timers' continually going back and fore to the bar during the game. The seats are some of the quickest to sell out, suggesting a total ban would be popular to rugby fans.
There's been quite a few incidents of drunken bad behaviour and violence at the principality stadium when Wales play. A copper told me it's getting worse than Cardiff city home matches.

Sponsored Links
The Principality Stadium in Cardiff now has a large section where alcohol is banned on the terraces, as the true rugby fan was getting fed up of the 'part timers' continually going back and fore to the bar during the game. The seats are some of the quickest to sell out, suggesting a total ban would be popular to rugby fans.
Comes back to what I said earlier, years back we didn't have alcohol in stadiums, theatres etc. It's evidently a revenue stream thing but does mean, on some occasions, the event itself can be marred by those who decide to drink too much. The same analogy can be used anywhere e.g. sitting beside someone on a flight who's had a skinful, on a train, in the theatre, in a stadium etc. Suppose it depends how you view the whole debate of allowing alcohol into such places during the actual game/show.

And yes it does get annoying if you then have folk filing past you more often to go for more drink and/or needing the loo.

I don't do stadium events but can say 100% we've had theatre shows almost ruined by folk sitting nearby who are half cut. Maybe fine for some shows but not all. I always remember going to a play and this woman sat down holding 3-4 small bottles of wine. As the show went on, she got more and more drunk, giggling even though the performance wasn't a comedy etc!

Ah the joys. It's one of those things that'll always divide opinion.

Not many folk know this yet, but the Qatari gov'n'mnt' have negotiated a deal with FIFA that means it is illegal to drink alcohol while watching the world cup from anywhere in the world. This is due to be officially announced 5mins before your team of choice plays their first match.

Even if you are sat in the comfort of your own home, if you drink alcohol while watching a match you are liable to have your head chopped off or be thrown from the roof of a tall building !

You have been warned.

Sponsored Links
Back