Good News

Sponsored Links
They should have expelled the maniac when he called a miners strike in the month of march - dopey f*****.

single handedly ruined the union movement in this country ,
Played into maggies hands and she kicked his ar5e big style but the miners felt the pain and he never suffered at all

Unions have lost their clout because the government have outsmarted them, and have contingency plans to deal with industrial action.
The London fire service are over a barrel at the moment, any firefighters whom are fired and subsequently not re-hired can easily have their shoes filled by private companies such as assetco, whom are itching for the firefighters to go on strike so they can move in with their long term contracts, ready to be signed by a dopey politician. This is all helped along by the fact that the bigwigs of assetco are in bed with the Tories.

Sponsored Links
Who else gets paid to sleep in a dorm all night and retire on health grounds at 45?

Who else gets paid to sleep in a dorm all night and retire on health grounds at 45?

Not relevant.
From what I gather the pay will stay the same but the shift patterns will change, which the FF's are not happy about, the current system has been in place for decades and works.

The real threat is of private companies being contracted in to take over...
Initially brought in to save money, by using carrot dangling contracts. But over time the costs will go up, and the quality of service will suffer. We've seen it all before. Trains? Post Office?

My friend was a FF and died while attending a call last year - I am proud of the job they do

RIP Worker

A construction worker gets killed every week but there's no marching parade for him. No news coverage for him.

A construction worker gets killed every week but there's no marching parade for him. No news coverage for him.

Firemen get killed doing a dangerous job. Builders get killed cos they did something stupid or simple rules were not followed. Lack of common sense is a big killer of construction workers.

Either way Joe. Would you say we should get rid of the fire service because all they do is sleep? (at night, like everyone else)

In France every fire-fighter works as a paramedic until called to a fire. Over here they employ part-time decorators to fight fires. The biggest cause of injury to UK fire-fighters is a twisted ankle playing volleyball. :rolleyes:

Privatise them and make them work for a living. If the French can do it - why not the UK?

Surely that would mean less paramedics?
What happens if there is an emergency situation like train crash or other disaster that requires paramedics and firefighters??

The fire service spends a lot of it's time carrying out fire prevention duties. and as we all know, prevention is better than cure.

They spend most of their time sleeping and playing pool.:LOL:

If the French can employ them gainfully - then why not the UK? Only the main engine driver stays in the station in France. The rest drive smaller vehicles that are dual equipped fire/medical - so they usually get to a fire first - and they render first aid.

I'm going out now Joe. So I won't be getting suckered into one of your long winded wind up's.
But as you are saying that we should be more like the French.....

erm, I rest my case. :LOL:

I am sorry for anyone who gets killed doing their job and feel for their family and those left behind.

My friend had no marching parade (you are watching too many films) and very litlte news coverage (bit in local paper and local tele).

Tell all the people saved by my friend and people like him that all FFs do is sleep and play pool

Sponsored Links
Back