Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I have a nice selection of stores local to me

bathstore.com
B&Q
Homebase
MFI

I was going to go for a back to the wall WC and a semi recessed sink which would go into a DIY enclosure and a tin bath. Any things to keep away from here?

None of them seem to have good reviews on the tinterweb mainly due to people only looking to leave comments when things go wrong I guess!

Anyone had any good / bad experiences with the above?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We bought a steel bath from Plumbitall - £69 along with the mixer taps for basin and bath for £150 I think. They are not the most customer focussed people but they are cheap.

We bought the basin, BTW pan and cabinets etc from Bathstore, they were originally expensive, but I whinged and said I found similar stuff cheaper at other places and had 15% knocked off and a free toilet seat, well 1p.

MFI planned the bathroom for us and were very helpful but just too expensive. B&Q are just a shop in my eyes with little use other than just offering a large range of stuff.

Simon

nusku
try the local plumber merchants .......you will get some good deals

Sponsored Links
Its the waiting times that sting you with B&Q etc...
They tell you it will be available in a few weeks and then it doesn't appear for 4 months!
I imagine a proper plumbers merchants can get you the stuff within a few days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back