Recommend a place to buy furniture (London)?

empip said:
Richardp said:

Shipping included - Scillonian or trawler ?.. Cheaper by air-drop? Must be a beach on the rock.. getting the furniture by post. :D :D
I just made it up :LOL:
we make our own furniture out of pallets.

Here's a holiday chalet I made.

Pallets.jpg

what do you think? would'nt have done it without screwfix.

Sponsored Links
LOL @Richardp

What a beauty !! LOL

I bet it shows off your jam jars an wheel caps when the table is set ..lol :)

swelec

lol .....could be worse she may go to Lidl for some of their flatpack furniture items ... ;)

Sponsored Links
I am extremely finickity and snobby about quality. I am often told I am too much of a perfectionist and expect too much.

However, I have bought the occasional item from both Ikea and Lidl. All has been fine and good quality.

Maybe it's because you haven't assembled them correctly...

notb665 said:
I am extremely finickity and snobby about quality. I am often told I am too much of a perfectionist and expect too much.

However, I have bought the occasional item from both Ikea and Lidl. All has been fine and good quality.

Maybe it's because you haven't assembled them correctly...
or maybe you had something in your eye :D

I found this place classic bedsteadswhen looking for bedroom furniture.

They were just over £380 cheaper than my local 'quality' furniture store in Glasgow for 4 items I purchased.

This included delivery from London to Glasgow - the guys were at my doorstop at 8.30 a.m. on a Sunday morning - unpacked the lot - assembled a superking size bed plus accompanying items - and were gone a couple of hours later. Every piece of packaging went with them - they even brought an additional mattress with them to enable me and the missus to choose the right one.

Highly recommended.

Homer

homertimpson said:
This included delivery from London to Glasgow - the guys were at my doorstop at 8.30 a.m. on a Sunday morning - unpacked the lot - assembled a superking size bed plus accompanying items - and were gone a couple of hours later. Every piece of packaging went with them - they even brought an additional mattress with them to enable me and the missus to choose the right one.
Highly recommended.
Homer

But did you manage to get the bed off the doorstep into your home after they buqqered off? :D :D

empip said:
homertimpson said:
Highly recommended.
Homer

But did you manage to get the bed off the doorstep into your home after they buqqered off? :D :D
Oh aye,
Just managed to hire a JCB on a Sunday, [ and a team of window fitters], who removed the bedroom window and edged the bed in that way :p
Next time I'll be more specific with the delivery location :oops: ;)

Homer

notb665
I can assure you , hmm...I do assemble these flatpack stuff correctly , I find them quite relaxing , like the old Airfix Modelling :SHY:

like the mountain of Ironing that I do on a thursday morning ....very Therapeutic.....an keeps the wife happy

"[ and a team of window fitters], who removed the window "
I was watching this the other week when a neighbour she had a new sofa an chairs delievered , they had too take the windows out to get the suite in the front room ..lol, of course I went over an gave her my words of wisdom about measuring the length/widgth of the sofa next time she went to the sofa store to buy a suite ,lol

The Sofa Company is good for furniture, we've had our leather suite from them six years and it stil looks like new. Springing in it is still firm too :LOL:

My nephews ex-wife works for DFS and she'd never buy a suite from them - says it all (she deals with customer complaints!). We had one from them a few years ago - it went back after a week but it's a long story!

Dreams are OK for bedroom furniture and beds - even if the manager in our local one damaged my week old car by shoving in a bed strut after our bed was delivered without one - we didn't know and it collapsed in the middle of the night :D - how many people can say they've broken a new solid wood double bed????? LMAO

Sponsored Links
Back