Good place to buy a door/frame/fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, this might seem like a really silly question but where is a good/reliable shop to buy a ncie composite door with frame and fittings and what not? We know someone who's agreed to fit one for us but can't find one we like in a walk in store without it being silly money or really basic looking. Anyone had any experience with online stores or high street retailers?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Any local double glazing company should be happy to supply you with one...

Hope the person fitting is Fensa/Certass registered or certifying it by building control ( and knows what the current building regs are for doors ) as you will need a certificate if you ever sell the property

Depends what door he gets and as it will be a composite I doubt it will need to be registered as it will have less than 50% glass.

Get supply only and fitted quotes too.

Is your friend going to guarantee there fitting for 10 years? Have they fitted composite doors before (it is actually a somewhat skilled job to get them perfectly set up) does he have insurance encase he breaks something?, Is he a skilled surveyor? The fact that he doesn't have contacts to get a door suggests he has none of the above.

It probably will cost a couple of hundred extra to get them to do it all but all to often I have to go and remove and refit things that have been done wrong and most of us are probably charging double for fixing other peoples balls ups.
For the sake of saving a couple of hundred will you have a grand or so free to redo it if it goes badly wrong?

Sponsored Links
Hey everyone, this might seem like a really silly question but where is a good/reliable shop to buy a ncie composite door with frame and fittings and what not?
I got a really nice pair of front doors from a one man band outfit called NUDOOR - http://nudoor.co.uk/product-offer/

Polish chap, took the order, asked a few questions about hinge sides and fan light design, I sent him a drawing of what I wanted (right down to a request not to fit the door handles for me) and paid the money..

I heard nothing for 6 weeks and was just starting to wonder whether I'd been done, when a transit van turned up absolutely stuffed full of doors. He dropped two off said if I needed anything to call him and that was it. The instructions were in polish but pictures were easy enough to understand, took 3 hours to fit the first and 1.5 to fit the second. I dare say he's just one guy wih a relationship with a door manufacturer in Poland, he collects a load of orders here and then then one a fortnight, drives to Poland, loads his van up and drives back around the UK dropping them off.. Works for me, though next time I order I'll ask him to have the polish factory make the invoice out to me directly so I can claim the VAT back on it..

It's made of kingspan and metal on a wooden frame - not composite but as per your experience, I struggled to find a door I wanted from composite suppliers in the UK. My windows supplier uses Endurance doors for their door quotes and not liking anything in the endurance catalogue, the boss called them up for me, argued the toss over the designs and got agreement that they could supply him with the door bits (a composite panel, some pre made blocks of glass and edging cassettes etc) and his company would cut the door designs..t his meant that rather than sticking to the limited number of designs in the Endurance catalogue, I could design my own door, so long as it only used components I could see on other door designs.. I just couldn't see what I wanted (a curved glass section) from them

As to how I found door suppliers, I did a Google images search for stuff like "modern front door" "contemporary door" etc and browsed the images. Finding one I liked, I looked up what site it was from.. Sometimes it helps to browse stuff visually, then look up the supplier rather than go to the supplier and browse their stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back