Good Price for Screeding Floor???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, after trying painfully to level my massivly uneven floor buy concrete 1st, then self level, ive had to call in the pro's

(picture of my floor attached)

Sive of the living room and hall are around 100 m squared.

Boys have said they would do it all for around £850, Im thinking this is a good price to screed and level these floors, any thoughts? as i really dont know the going rate etc....

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Apologies for the lack of info, not completely informed in the world of construction guys, but here goes:

The whole space is around 100 metres squared.
2/3 of the area is massive concrete slabs.
There are 2 inch depth differences in some parts of the area
very hilly and bumpy in some parts of the area
£850 for materials and labour

Cheers again guys

I'm only a DIYer and I've only screeded one floor, but it seems to me that the quote you've had is on the cheap side.
Assuming Ready-mix concrete at approx £100 per m³ , it's probably a bit more than that and assuming readymix screed is a bit more expensive than concrete, but working on £100 per m³ .

You say that you have approx 50mm difference in floor levels at the mo' and assuming that 30mm is the absolute minimum thickness for screed, so some areas could be 80mm thick. So lets assume that the average thickness is 55mm over 100m² gives you about 5.5 m³ of screed at £100 per m³ is about £550 for materials. I've also seen estimates of £4.50 per m² for materials and that's not far from the readymix estimate of £550.

I've seen estimates of about £10 per m² for labour, that's £1000 in your case.

So I would have thought you could expect to pay nearly twice the quote that you've had so far.

Some questions ought to be asked of the quote provider, me thinks.

I'm only a DIYer and I've only screeded one floor, but it seems to me that the quote you've had is on the cheap side.
Assuming Ready-mix concrete at approx £100 per m³ , it's probably a bit more than that and assuming readymix screed is a bit more expensive than concrete, but working on £100 per m³ .

You say that you have approx 50mm difference in floor levels at the mo' and assuming that 30mm is the absolute minimum thickness for screed, so some areas could be 80mm thick. So lets assume that the average thickness is 55mm over 100m² gives you about 5.5 m³ of screed at £100 per m³ is about £550 for materials. I've also seen estimates of £4.50 per m² for materials and that's not far from the readymix estimate of £550.

I've seen estimates of about £10 per m² for labour, that's £1000 in your case.

So I would have thought you could expect to pay nearly twice the quote that you've had so far.

Some questions ought to be asked of the quote provider, me thinks.

As ever Red, thank you for the input my friend!

Its a buckshee job and done by a professional flooring company, I will ask a few more questions though!

Cheers again man, any more thoughts anyone, Red has got me worried haha!

have said they would do it all for around £850.
For that money, labour and materials we would snatch there hands of
a buckshee job
Even better
and done by a professional flooring company
Means nothing to us, are they floor screeders or carpet layers.

Know nothing about rates north of the border, but we would quote down our way for an average 50mm thick bonded screed with fibre reinforcement for
Sand, cement and fibre reinforcement including VAT, and 20% mark up for overheads and profit £7.50 M/2.
Labour including mixer pump hire plus overheads and profit £8.50 M/2. Plus VAT if applicable.
A good 2 and 1 gang with mixer pump will be finished mid day.
2/3 of the area is massive concrete slabs.
Ask who ever is doing the job what their views are on reflective cracking over this area?
Best of luck
oldun :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back