Unlevel Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I laid a screed floor a few months ago in my conservatory, 10m2.

I have started to tile the floor but have found the floor is not level, it drops down in one corner, and perhaps in another corner as well, and may have a high spot in the middle.

It looked level but evidently my eyes are not what they used to be.

I have looked at self levelling floor compound and it seems a bit expensive and doesn't seem to go very far, tried this 1st.

So what Im thinking of doing is laying a slab of ++something++ a couple of mms thick at the level end and then filling and levelling off towards the dip in the corner which is prob 10mm down on the rest of floor. I can probably go up around 5mm at the level end.

It seems easier to do the whole lot than bothering patching this and that and not getting it level.

Question is what can i use, i have some sharp sand left over from the screed and 2 bags of cement, can i mix this and use this?

It doesn't have to be bob on level as the tiles can take some of the levelling.

Any help would be well appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had a floor to level, similar size and problem to yours, and was horrified at how much levelling compound cost at local builders merchants; £25-£30 a bag and I needed 4 bags. I shopped around and found 25k bags at B n Q at a bit over £5 each. I ordered it online and it came next day! Tried it and it was really good,

Sponsored Links
floor leveling compound is the only thing you can rely on at these thicknesses.anything else will probebly crack even under tiels or shrink and seperate from the floor so it will always sound hollow and if u ever damage one tile and have to replace it u will end up lifting the whole lote and watever sHonet u used
when u do use the slf leveling make sure its wet enough to self level and maybe do the 10mm low corner in 2 goes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back