Levelling uneven floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
laid a screed floor a few months ago in my conservatory, 10m2.

I have started to tile the floor but have found the floor is not level, it drops down in one corner, and perhaps in another corner as well, and may have a high spot in the middle.

It doesn't have to be bob on level as the tiles can take some of the levelling.

Whats the best technique for levelling the floor, i now intend to use self levelling floor compound.

I have been advised to use string from each corner to corner and in the middle section of the wall as well.

Is this the best option or is it better to use battens.

Sponsored Links
I have been advised to use string from each corner to corner and in the middle section of the wall as well.

I have used 5 vertical levelling pegs sunk into the ground to assist the level of the floor. If you wish, you can do this and even lay some battens on their side and bring screed up to the tops of the batten edges.

Good luck. I know what it's like doing this sort of work. It can be quite difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back