Good Quality LED Panel Brands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wondering if you could recommend good quality manufacturers/brands of LED panels and battens? Panels would be 600x 600, 'daylight' ~6500K, dimming not necessary for installation in a single garage, ~ 2.5m x 5m. Battens same spec, probably 4 or 5ft. There is currently one 5ft Fluorescent tube which doesn't give sufficient light but I intend to leave it and add two panels, or one panel and one batten, panel over the workbench and one panel/batten centrally.

Are V-Tac any good?

Sponsored Links
6,500k is a very blue in colour temperature, I always recommend 4,000k as it's a much nicer neutral white colour.

Obviously colour temperature choice is personal preference, so if you do like 6,500k then that's fine, however if you're not sure check out some displays in a shop if possible to see the difference.

I missed the last line of the original post, V-Tac are terrible.

Sponsored Links
I missed the last line of the original post, V-Tac are terrible.
Ok, thanks. Still looking for some other recommendations as it still leaves 100 other manufacturers/brands I've never heard of to choose from!

Ok, thanks. Still looking for some other recommendations as it still leaves 100 other manufacturers/brands I've never heard of to choose from!

Don't overthink, buy whatever is cheap enough & from a recognised brand. There's a chance you'll be replacing whatever you buy in 5 years anyway.

The only thing I'd strongly recommend is buying from a local store that will deal with any warranty claims as all modern fully integrated LED fittings are a gamble. They are also prone to getting damaged in the post.

Personally I'd just go & buy these: https://www.toolstation.com/integral-led-lightspan-ip20-ik08-batten/p16505

Last edited:
Don't overthink, buy whatever is cheap enough & from a recognised brand. There's a chance you'll be replacing whatever you buy in 5 years anyway.

The only thing I'd strongly recommend is buying from a local store that will deal with any warranty claims as all modern fully integrated LED fittings are a gamble. They are also prone to getting damaged in the post.

Personally I'd just go & buy these: https://www.toolstation.com/integral-led-lightspan-ip20-ik08-batten/p16505
The problem is i don't particularly recognise any brands and each retailer just recommends what they sell. I'll stop by edmundsons and see what they have and if they can recommend something.

The problem is i don't particularly recognise any brands and each retailer just recommends what they sell. I'll stop by edmundsons and see what they have and if they can recommend something.

Integral stuff is decent & Toolstation are good for returns etc, I happily recommend both. Buy a single fitting & try it, you can always return it, but more likely you'll return to buy more :)

I can't see Edmundsons selling anything significantly better or cheaper especially to ‘Joe Public’, but worth a try if you wish.

Integral stuff is decent & Toolstation are good for returns etc, I happily recommend both. Buy a single fitting & try it, you can always return it, but more likely you'll return to buy more :)

I can't see Edmundsons selling anything significantly better or cheaper especially to ‘Joe Public’, but worth a try if you wish.

Thanks. My garage joists are at 600mm spacing. Do i need a surface mounting kit as well as the fitting it can i just screw it to the joists?

The Integral fittings have a proper spine meaning you can mount them directly to the joists

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back