Good Replacement for this Wire Stripper/ Crimper Tool Set?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest a good replacement for this tool?

Its for a gift my Nephew he liked the set I have but it was a Special Offer in my Local Lidel's. They now no longer have them in stock at the moment.

You can't get them online.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That design is good for stripping insulation but for anything more than small crimps I would use a dedicated ratchet crimper, there are two main ones, the open jaw type for insulated colour coded crimps, and the closed hexagonal jaw type for uninsulated crimps or hybrid crimps where the uninsulated part is being crimped.

Search preciva on amazon, the forum software wont let me post links atm

Blup

Agreed, the non-ratchet crimps are a total waste of time, a crimp is meant to be a cold weld of the copper wire into the copper ferrule. If you have the hands of a gorilla you may be able to squeeze hard enough, but then again you might squeeze too hard and tear the middle section with too much pressure. In aerospace usage the crimp tools are tested regularly for the correct amount of squeeze. It is fine as a stripping tool, but save your time and never use those non-ratchet crimp tools, the wire usually pulls out most of the time

I am not an electrician but I agree that as crimpers those tools are pants.

I do have a few of that type but only use them as cable strippers.

I am a tad confused, from your link...

Oh, and it is only £14.95 inc delivery.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back