Good times ahead for some

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mainly those with a jet washer as people block the drainage with kitchen roll and newspaper instead of using toilet paper

Sponsored Links
Its the wipes I suspect that are going to cause havoc, so many shops with the shelves cleared and/or limiting customers to numbers of packs that can be purchased. If half of them go down the toilet, then it's going to get busy I think.....

Agree with @Hugh Jaleak, wipes are a regular problem, given the panic buying, working from home and self isolation = more than a wipe/fatburg.

Sponsored Links
Two examples of what happens with wipes, blocked pump and chamber.... Chamber may only affect a few properties, I've seen pumps doing an entire village jammed up with wipes, and then the only solution to prevent a pollution is to tanker the incoming flow off site whilst someone has the task of stripping the pump down to unblock it.

Attachments

• Blocked Pump.jpg
    Blocked Pump.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Wipes.jpg
    Wipes.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
That's our emergency fall back at work, when we're in trouble on an isolated site and there's either no bog, or there's a bog and no paper. :whistle:

deleted
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back