Good toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am going to replace a toilet, could you please recommend a good modern close coupled toilet, with dual flush (good water economy).

I need something not too expensive but a good quality, no leaks, easy to install, etc.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
There must be loads out there but if I was asked to put one in and had to select it myself I would use the Armitage Shanks Sandringham (I have installed a couple) which you can get from B&Q. It is a straightforward design, nothing fancy, easy to fit (but to honest most are anyway) and the flush is good. These days they will all be dual flush. Armitage-Shanks-Sandringham
One bad point is it does not work well with thick wooden seats or similar thick seat designs. This is because the back of the pan is close to the cistern and the seat and lid together may not tilt back far enough to avoid dropping.
But perfectly OK with the thinner plastic seats and comes with one

Once in a while you come across designs that don't flush well (i.e. don't always clear the pan contents in a single flush) and I don't care how fancy they are or if they are cheap, I would never want to install one again if I found that out.

I just installed this in an extension and found it easy enough having never installed a toilet. Toilet looks good, and works well with dual flush. Toilet seat is plastic and some might say a bit flimsy but does the job

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathro.../Como-Close-Coupled-Toilet-inc-Seat_1146.html

Paid half the price currently shown - worth waiting as always seems to be a sale on of sorts at this place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back