Google/ Huawei Calendar Confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Don't know if this is going to be helpful for anyone, but here goes:

I have had my calendar set up several years now. It's the Huawei calendar app. I have not used Google Dashboard to add appointments via the PC since I had a Samsung phone.

Today I have created another calendar account for family stuff. I added this to my personal one in the Huawei calendar app, no problem. But the problem is that some entries keyed in on the PC appeared on the smartphone and others didn't.

I Googled "syncing issues" and found that some apps don't sync very well.
No worries, I thought, I'll download and use the Google calendar app instead of the Huawei one.

So I went to Google Play store and downloaded it. Then I went to look for the Google calendar app icon so I could put it in place of the Huawei one.

I couldn't find it! So I went through all my apps. It wasn't there, so I had a brainwave and looked in the Google folder. It wasn't there either but the Huawei calendar app icon was there.

Curious, I clicked on the Huawei icon in my Google folder and up popped the Google calendar!

So now I have two identical app icons on my phone: one goes to Huawei's calendar app and the other to Google's calendar app!

Confusing or what?

Sponsored Links
Have a further odd issue:

Having set up the family calendar and shared it with Mrs Secure, only some of the events are visible on both the PC and smartphone. Some events are missing.
Wracking my brain cell...

Reminders are strangely not visible. If I delete them and reenter them as events, they appear.
Odd.

Sponsored Links
Back