Got My New Belle 140 Mixer Today! But....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
again I think it has a manufacturing fault!

For anyone who missed the previous chapter, here it is:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76289

This is the follow-up:

It has taken over a week to arrange collection of the old mixer which I had to dismantle some parts. I had the trouble of carrying the drum, frame and motor as a whole to the delivery person's car from inside the house last night. I helped him carry the new Belle minimix 140 into my house. I was certain that everything would be fine now and that I'd have the new mixer assembled within an hour. It's a little hard to explain what has happened (anyone who has assembled a Belle should know what I'm talking about though). I have some pictures here to demonstrate what I mean:

Half%20Flush%20Bolt%20Fault.jpg

Flush%20Bolt.jpg

Frame.jpg

Drum.jpg

The bolt as shown in the picture has not been screwed flush as opposed to the bolt shown in the following picture. Therefore, I assume this will cause problems later on when the drum is turning? There is no way I can tighten it anymore and I don't think I can loosen it either as it's extremely awkward to use a spanner. I have tried using my fingers too, but again it doesn't tighten nor loosen.

It seems like the product hasn't been checked before dispatch... AGAIN! I'm really not surpised :rolleyes:.

What do you think I should do? I was thinking of continuing assembly and seeing how the mixer runs. Does anyone know how I could tighten the screw?

Sponsored Links
just needs tightening with a socket set. If it wont budge though send it back!

just needs tightening with a socket set.

Are you sure a socket set could fit in that tight space? It just seems to me that there would be no room unless the tool's edges were wafer thin :confused:.

Thanks for your reply by the way.

I took out the bolt from the mixer and assembled as normal. All seems to be running smoothly now :D. So, tomorrow, I will be mixing my first batch :eek: :eek: :eek:.

Sponsored Links
If you've removed the bolt now why not cut a slot in the top and use a screw driver to screw it back in. At least you would have a bolt in there at the moment you have nothing.

-Neil

neilsumner said:
If you've removed the bolt now why not cut a slot in the top and use a screw driver to screw it back in. At least you would have a bolt in there at the moment you have nothing.

-Neil

It's a good idea, but it might invalidate the warranty doing this. To be honest, I used it today and it was working nicely so hopefully the screw won't be needed. In the future, I can buy a replacement drum and the bolts will be intact if I don't buy a dodgy drum.

Yea, I used it today, and even after mixing it still looks as good as new; spent about 45 mins cleaning it out and I really want it to last for at least 10 years, unless the something goes wrong with the motor.

Happy mixing :).

It's a good idea, but it might invalidate the warranty doing this.

I would think you have more chance of invalidating your warranty by running the machine short of a bolt than the other way around.

I would think you have more chance of invalidating your warranty by running the machine short of a bolt than the other way around.

And the bolt not being present isn't really my fault because they didn't do enough to secure it. I don't even know how such a mistake like this could be made.

Why didn't you just tighten the bolt up. A standard socket fits it

^woody^ said:
Why didn't you just tighten the bolt up. A standard socket fits it

Well, unfortunately, it's a bit late now as I've already got the mixer assembled. I don't think I've got a socket set at the moment and can't really afford one right now.

Thanks for your input though :).

If it all goes wrong, you have no warranty you ran the item, knowingly not correctly assembled, bolt missing,(run a sthill saw with blade bolt missing) so now your running on something not fit for it's purpose,you are asked with a check list, make sure all these parts are available, if not, contact you supplier, by the way, is that gear ring made of plastic!!! :rolleyes:

by the way, is that gear ring made of plastic!!!

Clarke mixer had a metallic track that was as noisy as my nextdoor neighbour. Most Belle Models have a gear ring made of plastic, if not all. This is why it's much quieter.

make sure all these parts are available, if not, contact you supplier,

All the parts were available, but when the mixer was dispatched, some idiot had forgotten to tighten up the bolt or did this deliberately. It really wouldn't surprise me if was done deliverately and it's obviously that the products aren't checked before they are sold because this would have been detected before I got the product. If products like Branston sauce aren't checked for traces of chewing gum before being placed on store shelves, I hardly think a cement mixer would be checked. And lets face it, was it checked? Nope. Again, Machinemart hash up just like everything else I've bought from other places.

I'll try and get my friend to lend me a socket set to rectify the fault placed by machinemart.

Cheers.

oh for gods sake, its a belle mixer. it will run for years bolt missing there or not.

Thermo said:
oh for gods sake, its a belle mixer. it will run for years bolt missing there or not.

Belle rules:cool: :cool: :cool:. hehe :). Yea, it should be fine guys. Thanks for your help. Oh and by the way, what I said earlier about Branston sauce was 100% true. I'd think twice before you buy because my mum bought one last week and she licked the knife and what she spat out was chewing gum that had been inside one of the employees' mouths. We're going to try and file a complaint about this. lol we don't seem to have much luck buying things these days :rolleyes:. I'm sure you've all noticed lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back